Thread: How do I tell her?

KansanRod44

Default How do I tell her?

OK so I want to tell my girlfriend that I like diapers. I don't know why but I think that telling her will make our relationship stronger because of all the truth. I just like diapers I'm not a TB. I've never told any girlfriend of mine before, and I need some help. I don't know if she'll accept me or if she'll think bad of me. I REALLY need some help on this one guys. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by KansanRod44; 08-Apr-2011 at 01:26.

Xmthw9221

Before going through all the trouble make sure you are ready for this. How long have you been dating your girlfriend? Is she an understanding, accepting person usually?
    Good Luck and I hope it goes well!

KansanRod44

Default How Can I Tell People?

So I like diapers and I want to tell my friends but that can be kinda wierd I've heard. Any advice on how I can tell them. I also want to tell my girlfriend but that takes a lot more guts.

I wish you alll the luck in the world Rod, but from personal experience I can tell you it is a really really bad idea. then again from what I gather most of my experiences when it comes to people finding out have been abnormal, so I could be a little tainted. But if your heart is set on this path then slowly and patiently is probably best policy. Be prepared to go over things that were already talked about, and answer questions that already were answered. You could conveniently leave a website up and let her read, until she comes to you with the accusatory What is this? Either way theres going to be some explaining to be had.
    Remember once you start you can never take it back, for better or worse, she is going to know. Be honest, you only get one shot to explain it in a non freaky troll under a bridge way.

It all depends upon the person but ive recently told my BF and its gone over so well, even managed to get him to try it and he kinda likes it lol...

HOW I DID IT
    I brought up conversation about hidden desires and sexual fantasies one night (never mentioned diapers) while we where layin in bed talking. A few night later we where talking about it. I told him i had something to tell him but i didnt know if i wanted to. I let him think about it for a long time. I told him that we should tell each other all of our secrets. EVERY SECRET lol. After some of that i finally asked if he had ever heard of ab/dl he wasnt sure so i told him what it is and he has heard of it but didnt know anything about it. After much explaining and showed him a few sites he told me he didnt care and it sounded like some good roleplaying ideas. Few night went by and he had a few more questions and i explained and i asked if it he would because it would make me happy and he did.
    Basically i know he loves me and would do anything to make me happy, i would do the same. If your gf is like this then dont be to scared. For people looking to tell friends I dont have an experience. But If they are truely your friends and they dont have a big mouth then I wouldnt worry to much.

Hope any of this helps

How long have you been dating?

My personal guide to dating is wait at least 6 months before telling a bf

My boyfriend actually is a DL and told me about it a while back. I'll admit that it wasn't an easy conversation. You really need to be sure that you can trust your girlfriend with this part of yourself. If you see your relationship becoming long term, then you probably should tell her. If your not sure yet, you may want to wait. I know that when Alpha (that's my BF's username on here) told me that he was a DL, I had a ton of questions. First and foremost, be sure to distinguish the difference between being DL and anything related to pedophilia. I know that they may not seem related, but usually when people hear diaper, they think babies. It's up to you to let her know the difference, along with just answering any questions she may have.

Another big thing to consider are your expectations. Don't expect her go DL as soon as you tell her. It might take weeks for her to be comfortable with you wearing a diaper around her, much less her wearing one. Let her set the pace. The important thing is telling her and getting that off of your chest and finally being able to be honest.

If you feel like the potential is there, it may be worth the risk. It can go badly, as you probably have read here on Adisc, so be aware of that. But it can work out. Alpha and I have been going DL together for months now and it has been a great experience for both of us.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    My boyfriend actually is a DL and told me about it a while back. I'll admit that it wasn't an easy conversation. You really need to be sure that you can trust your girlfriend with this part of yourself. If you see your relationship becoming long term, then you probably should tell her. If your not sure yet, you may want to wait. I know that when Alpha (that's my BF's username on here) told me that he was a DL, I had a ton of questions. First and foremost, be sure to distinguish the difference between being DL and anything related to pedophilia. I know that they may not seem related, but usually when people hear diaper, they think babies. It's up to you to let her know the difference, along with just answering any questions she may have.

Another big thing to consider are your expectations. Don't expect her go DL as soon as you tell her. It might take weeks for her to be comfortable with you wearing a diaper around her, much less her wearing one. Let her set the pace. The important thing is telling her and getting that off of your chest and finally being able to be honest.

If you feel like the potential is there, it may be worth the risk. It can go badly, as you probably have read here on Adisc, so be aware of that. But it can work out. Alpha and I have been going DL together for months now and it has been a great experience for both of us.

Best of luck!

Great to hear from the "other side of the street" that things have worked out for you! What other things did you need to get clarification on from your bf? Did you have to learn about the ab/dl spectrum, or just dl?

My boyfriend is pretty much strictly DL, but it's hard to learn about just one part of the AB/DL community, so I got familiar with both sides. He actually used a really useful graphic ( http://understanding.infantilism.org...l_triangle.jpg ) to show me where he is on the spectrum. Something that we discussed was why he thought it was he enjoyed going DL, but there really doesn't seem to be any one reason that someone enjoys wearing diapers. I'll admit that confused me somewhat until I realized that DLism is a fetish, just like someone liking leather or lingerie. It's really a matter of what floats your boat.

Initially I was a bit wary of the whole idea of him wetting a diaper around me, but with the brands that he chose they were highly absorbent and pretty sanitary, so I eventually got more comfortable with it. As a disclaimer, I do draw the line at doing #2 in the diapers, partially because you can't cover up the smell as well and just because of the mess it creates, but my BF wasn't into that anyway, so we lucked out. We started out with just him going DL, eventually though we went DL together, but I didn't want to mess my own diaper. It took me a while to get used to actually using the diaper, it's actually harder than one might think. I actually had to go stand by the toilet the first time just because I was so conditioned to using the bathroom.

The thing that my BF did best was just explaining things as I asked. I'll openly admit I wasn't to thrilled in the first few weeks once I found out, but he was patient and didn't rush me into anything and so we progressed slowly but surely into exploring DLism with each other at our own pace. Nowadays, it's something we do together when we're alone, something that's just between us. The keys are patience and being supportive. For example, you're not going to get anywhere if your significant other agrees to hang out with you while your diapered and then you get upset that they won't DL with you then or right after that. Most people don't even know that the AB/DL community exists, so baby steps (no pun intended) are your best bet, at least from what I experienced with my BF.

Make sure you know you can trust her if you decide to tell her. If she finds out without you telling her there is a good chance the relationship won't last.