Thread: Darn Avent bottle and sippy cup leak.

Default Darn Avent bottle and sippy cup leak.

My ex girlfriend bought me an Avent bottle a year ago for Christmas. It leaked. I bought an Avent Magic Trainer sippy cup a while ago. It leaks. I tried putting a brand spanking new bottle teat in the sippy cup. It still leaks!

What on earth am I doing wrong with this stuff? I tried using different amount of torque on the screw-on lids, but to no avail! It keeps leaking through the gorram threads.

Is it just Avent, or amidoinitwrong? Please help guys, and just for fun, could you tell me what brands you use for your bottles/sippy cups?

Thanks all.

Valence

I don't entirely know what brand I use but it doesn't leak at all; perhaps you should try different brands, or store-branded baby bottles or sippy cups? If you have a bad experience with one brand, it's usually best to move on to one that will suit you.
    Hope you find yourself a nice little bottle to use soon, good luck!

That`s pretty much my thinking too. That`s why I`d like to get a feel for what other people are buying. I hear Playtex is good for sippy cups.

I have an Avent bottle and I love it! It only leaks for me when I screw the lid on too tight, but you mentioned that you'd tried that already. I've read that you have to line up the notches on the screw ring with the vents on the nipple, but I've never tried. If you're completely against Avent now, I'd recommend the playtex natural nursers. They're similar in size to the Avent bottles/nipples and have less complex parts.

I never heard the vent/screw ring alignment before. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I just finished reading a few reviews on the natural nursers, and they sound lovely (Plus they look so gorram CUTE!).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    My ex girlfriend bought me an Avent bottle a year ago for Christmas. It leaked. I bought an Avent Magic Trainer sippy cup a while ago. It leaks. I tried putting a brand spanking new bottle teat in the sippy cup. It still leaks!

What on earth am I doing wrong with this stuff? I tried using different amount of torque on the screw-on lids, but to no avail! It keeps leaking through the gorram threads.

Is it just Avent, or amidoinitwrong? Please help guys, and just for fun, could you tell me what brands you use for your bottles/sippy cups?

Thanks all.
    I have to be careful when twisting on the cap to make sure it locks on all the way otherwise it dribbles water through the neck of the bottle all over me. Your problem sounds similar so I suggest taking to top off, looking at it, and putting it back together so it actually locks on.