Thread: Unexpected Reaction

Default Unexpected Reaction

So I've been a abdl for a while, and diapers have also been my fetish. Well, I was having a conversation with a close personal friend. And the topic came up, what each other's fetishes were. I am not to speak what hers was, but I finally bit my lip, and really wanted to tell someone what mine was, so I said diapers, with much hesitation. SHE IS THE FIRST AND ONLY PERSON I'VE TOLD. She doesn't know I'm an ABDL, just I like diapers as a fetish..but I thought she was fine with it. But I can tell she's uncomfortable So it's kind of awkward now...But she's very understanding, and still talks to me constantly.

turtlepins

I've been wearing diapers for a very long time, and even though I'm incontinent I still find that people are very put off by the thought of an adult in diapers for any reason. Sometimes I think it comes from all the potty training we go through and it's ingrained in us that diapers are bad or something. Heck if I know. Make sure you listen to her talk about her fetish, and allow her to see that you're okay with it all and accept her for who she is. You've got to win her trust. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MilkAndCookies View Post
    So I've been a abdl for a while, and diapers have also been my fetish. Well, I was having a conversation with a close personal friend. And the topic came up, what each other's fetishes were. I am not to speak what hers was, but I finally bit my lip, and really wanted to tell someone what mine was, so I said diapers, with much hesitation. SHE IS THE FIRST AND ONLY PERSON I'VE TOLD. She doesn't know I'm an ABDL, just I like diapers as a fetish..but I thought she was fine with it. But I can tell she's uncomfortable So it's kind of awkward now...But she's very understanding, and still talks to me constantly.
    First, congrats on telling someone!

Second, the thing I've discovered when coming out of various closets, the gay closet, the diaper closet, the Atheist closet, is that people take their cues from you. If you treat something as though it's some dreadful secret that you're ashamed of and bla bla blah, they'll take their cues from you and think it's a dreadful idea as well. If you treat it as though it's just some other aspect of who you are, they'll take a cue from that, as well.

Having said all that, I'm having a few thoughts on this. Take great comfort in the fact that she's understanding and still talks to you constantly. That's the hallmark of a true friend, one that won't bail out on you because of something that they might not understand or be comfortable with. Beyond that, though, I'm wondering if her apparent discomfort stems somewhat from the fact that you were (understandably, mind you) very uncomfortable when you divulged your big dreadful secret. You both told each other secrets of which you probably, subconsciously, still feel some degree of shame, even if that's only on the level of fear of the repercussions of being found out. If I had to guess, I would wager that her apparent discomfort is much less her being uncomfortable with your being an ABDL and much more about her trying to figure out what the new dynamic of your friendship is now that you both know something as deep as fetishes about each other.

The only sage advice I can offer is to give it time. Give things a bit to settle into a new groove. Once everything's settled back down, then the big dark secret won't be so big or so dark, and it'll just be another thing that two good friends know about each other. Speaking from personal experience, it will not only get less awkward, but in a few cases, it's something that occasionally comes up in casual conversation now.

Anyways, let us know how it works out eh? I'm sure it'll be fine, though!

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    First, congrats on telling someone!

Second, the thing I've discovered when coming out of various closets, the gay closet, the diaper closet, the Atheist closet, is that people take their cues from you. If you treat something as though it's some dreadful secret that you're ashamed of and bla bla blah, they'll take their cues from you and think it's a dreadful idea as well. If you treat it as though it's just some other aspect of who you are, they'll take a cue from that, as well.

Having said all that, I'm having a few thoughts on this. Take great comfort in the fact that she's understanding and still talks to you constantly. That's the hallmark of a true friend, one that won't bail out on you because of something that they might not understand or be comfortable with. Beyond that, though, I'm wondering if her apparent discomfort stems somewhat from the fact that you were (understandably, mind you) very uncomfortable when you divulged your big dreadful secret. You both told each other secrets of which you probably, subconsciously, still feel some degree of shame, even if that's only on the level of fear of the repercussions of being found out. If I had to guess, I would wager that her apparent discomfort is much less her being uncomfortable with your being an ABDL and much more about her trying to figure out what the new dynamic of your friendship is now that you both know something as deep as fetishes about each other.

The only sage advice I can offer is to give it time. Give things a bit to settle into a new groove. Once everything's settled back down, then the big dark secret won't be so big or so dark, and it'll just be another thing that two good friends know about each other. Speaking from personal experience, it will not only get less awkward, but in a few cases, it's something that occasionally comes up in casual conversation now.

Anyways, let us know how it works out eh? I'm sure it'll be fine, though!
    Wow, thanks that really did help. But I'm not going to go into a big thing with her, I feel a little better, now I've slept, and not so anxious. She's really understanding, and she is a great friend, and I know I can trust her. She only knows that I like diapers with sex. But I told her it didn't make me a different person, and it didn't control me. She doesn't know I'm an ABDL, nor do I think I'd tell her. Something like that, would be much harder to understand, and it might creep her out. I know just the fact she's uncomfortable with the diapers involving sex, who knows what she might think If I told her the whole thing. :/ It's really hard not having the topic be comfortable in society, I mean what made me tell her was because I was watching a show called, 'Strange Sex.' There was a guy with a balloon fetish! And he was accepted by everyone of his friends! Yet things that we like can't be? I mean if society wasn't so judgmental, and realized there's far more things creepier and weirder than this, maybe it be possible to tell someone. But for now, I'm just distraught, that there's no one I can fully trust, and who's understanding enough, that I can tell It really bites, and I didn't think it ever bother me as much as it does now.

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turtlepins View Post
    I've been wearing diapers for a very long time, and even though I'm incontinent I still find that people are very put off by the thought of an adult in diapers for any reason. Sometimes I think it comes from all the potty training we go through and it's ingrained in us that diapers are bad or something. Heck if I know. Make sure you listen to her talk about her fetish, and allow her to see that you're okay with it all and accept her for who she is. You've got to win her trust. Good luck.
    I'm completely understanding, and she knows that. I don't judge people, and even if I did, I don't really have any room to talk. If you think about it, from a certain standpoint I really truly think it's not that weird. Maybe acting like a child, and holding babyish possessions is weird, and a little more complicated, but diapers themselves, doesn't seem to be. I just wish that society could mold a different picture on this view.