Thread: Can using diapers make you IC?

Default Can using diapers make you IC?

I've been wearing diapers a lot and when I feel I have to go pee, as soon as I get up I have an accident. It started yesterday and happened twice. It has only happened twice but I am worried.

Valence

As I understand it, diapers could only make you IC if you wore them more-or-less all the time, and didn't "force" anything out (as that would be exercising the muscles, or something like that). You must've been wearing a lot to even get to that stage... If you're worried about it, and think that it will have a severely negative impact on your life, perhaps it's time to wean yourself off of diapers for a while; try and use the toilet more often. Perhaps you should also see your local GP, see if there's anything that can be done through that end.

OK I'll try to not wear diapers, but it will be really hard.

Valence

Quote Originally Posted by harold42 View Post
    OK I'll try to not wear diapers, but it will be really hard.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't wear diapers. I'm saying you should wear less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I'm not saying you shouldn't wear diapers. I'm saying you should wear less often.
    Or you could wear them but not use them. If you take a 2 year old out of diapers and put him in regular underwear, he/she won't wake up the next morning potty trained.

turtlepins

I've been IC for 47 years, since I was 12. In that time I've talked to a lot of people who have said they wished they were IC. I have yet to meet one that became IC because they wore diapers all the time. It just doesn't work that way. I suppose it does become easier to go in a diaper the more you do it, but you still have some control. IC is no control. Period. And yes, there are those of us who are IC who love wearing diapers, probably always have and always will! So if you want to wear a diaper all the time, go ahead! Enjoy! It's really nobody's business what kind of underwear you use, or how you use it!