Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got SILENT HILL 3 for a STEAL! Or at least I thought I did.

Default Just got SILENT HILL 3 for a STEAL! Or at least I thought I did.

A couple of months ago I made a list of games I need to get that I have been wanting for a long time. Most of these games are older, some newish but most older. Games like Ico, Dragon Quest VIII, Silent Hill 4, Demon Souls, and a slew of others, I may make the list on here sometime soon. But anyways Silent Hill 3 was on this list. Now when I made this list I was searching for prices and Silent Hill 3 was at least $60...USED! Well during my all nighter I pulled last night/today (I still haven't slept yet, going on 29 hours) I found an ad on Craigslist for the game for 12 bucks! I emailed the guy who posted the ad and worked him down to 10. I was freaking pumped. So I just got home from picking up the game and still pumped that I got it so cheap I checked all the stores just to see if maybe the prices changed, and it turns out it came down in price to $25 used. I was still super excited I got it for 15 bucks cheaper than the stores but it kinda felt like less of a victory lol.

Well yeah im waiting for my parents to go to bed now so I can get the crap scared out of me on our big screen

Hope you enjoy it. Silent Hill 3 was actually the first game I played in the series. Its not the best in the series, but its not the worst either.(#4 was a major disappointment) The designs for the enemies and Otherworld in #3 are some of my favorites of the series. Also the amusement park is downright creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by BruanHam View Post
    Its not the best in the series, but its not the worst either.(#4 was a major disappointment).
    Yes. Yes it was a large disappointment.

But Silent Hill 3 is a very good game, albeit it's not the best, as said.

Have a fun time with it!

Hope you enjoy it. Silent Hill 3 was actually the first game I played in the series. Its not the best in the series, but its not the worst either.(#4 was a major disappointment) The designs for the enemies and Otherworld in #3 are some of my favorites of the series. Also the amusement park is downright creepy.
    2 is my favorite, But I bet its everyone else's favorite too. I have only played 2 and homecoming though so I can't really judge the series that well yet. 2 took me FOREVER to beat, just because of how effing scary it was, I would play for a few minutes and then hear something coming down the hallway(which always turned out to be nothing, just the creeptastic audio) and I would shut it off or and then slowly work my way forward more lol, I remember when I first played 2 and I was in prison in the room with the gallows and just being in that room was terrifying. Homecoming wasn't really scary at all it was more of and action horror, I think the combat took the fear out of it, and once you get the ray gun its basically easy mode if you play on the hardest setting.

I just dipped my toes into 3 and its look like its gonna take forever just like 2, Holy cow the freaking amusement park is a creeptastic nightmare I somehow made my way to the roller coaster(not sure if that where I need to go or not) and stuck between a demon dog and 2 effed up things with what looked like needles for arms, I dont know though, I just booked it past them up the roller coaster stairs, I turned it off for the night, maybe tomorrow I'll find my way out of the park or at least to my first save point lol.

Not to spoil anything, but you will be seeing more of the amusement park later in the game. You'll also see many other creepy things, especially in the Otherworld.

From the Silent Hill series I've played games 1 through 4 and Origins. I'd have to say that 2 and Origins are my favorites. 2 offered a more personal depiction of Silent Hill and had a disturbing story. Origins just felt like a good representation of the series, plus it offered a unique method of getting to and from the Otherworld.

Not to spoil anything, but you will be seeing more of the amusement park later in the game. You'll also see many other creepy things, especially in the Otherworld.

From the Silent Hill series I've played games 1 through 4 and Origins. I'd have to say that 2 and Origins are my favorites. 2 offered a more personal depiction of Silent Hill and had a disturbing story. Origins just felt like a good representation of the series, plus it offered a unique method of getting to and from the Otherworld.
    What was your favorite part in 2?

Quote Originally Posted by cweezy928 View Post
    What was your favorite part in 2?
    So many to choose from. I found the whole personal hell aspect to be very fascinating. Then you have Pyramid Head the creepiest enemy in the entire series. Especially with the rape scene. My favorite segment though had to have been the hospital. It had some interesting puzzles, a lot of creepiness, a little humor, and the saddest most shocking moment in the game.

So many to choose from. I found the whole personal hell aspect to be very fascinating. Then you have Pyramid Head the creepiest enemy in the entire series. Especially with the rape scene. My favorite segment though had to have been the hospital. It had some interesting puzzles, a lot of creepiness, a little humor, and the saddest most shocking moment in the game.
    I think one of my favorite parts was when you met Angela in the hotel for the last time, when it was on fire. I was really confused at the stone head puzzle, I had to look at a walkthough and even after that I still didn't get the significance of it, do you? Maybe I just missed something but the other puzzles made some sense to me involving the whole story behind the town and what not but not that puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by cweezy928 View Post
    I think one of my favorite parts was when you met Angela in the hotel for the last time, when it was on fire. I was really confused at the stone head puzzle, I had to look at a walkthough and even after that I still didn't get the significance of it, do you? Maybe I just missed something but the other puzzles made some sense to me involving the whole story behind the town and what not but not that puzzle.
    I'm not sure what puzzle you're referring to by head stone puzzle. Could you give me few details to help jog my memory?

Also the cockroach room in the prison was brilliant. Even though the solution was obvious, I panicked before figuring it out.

Edit:
    If you are talking about the puzzle where there is a cube with faces on each side that you need to rotate to affect another room, then I don't think it had any special significance. Sometimes a puzzle is just a puzzle. On that one I just randomly played with it until I hit the solution.
    Last edited by ImNotHere; 03-Apr-2011 at 02:18.

I'm not sure what puzzle you're referring to by head stone puzzle. Could you give me few details to help jog my memory?

Also the cockroach room in the prison was brilliant. Even though the solution was obvious, I panicked before figuring it out.

Edit:
    If you are talking about the puzzle where there is a cube with faces on each side that you need to rotate to affect another room, then I don't think it had any special significance. Sometimes a puzzle is just a puzzle. On that one I just randomly played with it until I hit the solution.
    Yeah that was the one I was thinking about, the sound it makes when you rotate it made me think it was stone. I can't remember a lot of the puzzles from 2 besides that one, and the clock in the apartment building.