Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Baby vs. Diaper Lover...

Default Adult Baby vs. Diaper Lover...

I apologize, but I didn't see another post like this here, and I was wondering what you all think the difference is between an AB and a DL.

I always thought that I was a DL, but the more I tell my friend (who is an AB and we are both babyfurs, though that shouldn't matter) he thinks I am more of an AB.

So what is the difference between a DL and an AB? I really wanna know what you guys think!

From what I've been able to gather, a DL is a person who likes diapers but doesn't enjoy acting like a baby or youngster. An AB enjoys diapers and acting like a baby.

Bascially, a DL is somebody who enjoys diaper sexually but not sensually. An AB is someone who enjoys acting like a baby/toddler and doesn't just enjoy diapers, but also other babyish things. Many people are both an AB and DL simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicarchaic View Post
    Bascially, a DL is somebody who enjoys diaper sexually but not sensually. An AB is someone who enjoys acting like a baby/toddler and doesn't just enjoy diapers, but also other babyish things. Many people are both an AB and DL simultaneously.
    Good point and i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicarchaic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Good point and i agree.
    Have to disagree with both of you, then. First off, with wiggly stuff like this, you're on thin, cracking ice over lava flows whenever you approach anything in an absolutist manner. These are labels of convenience, not scientific descriptions where one things are clearly defined. Even in the limited sample of ADISC we've had non-sexual DLs and ABs who don't like diapers. As a general matter, DLs are inclined to enjoy their diapers sexually and as a general matter, ABs enjoy babyish/childish items and behavior and the sexual component is less frequent. The bit I will agree with is that many of us identify with aspects of both.

For me (and I don't pretend to be the authority on it) the most critical point with ABs is their regression or the desire to do so. I won't say that someone with a lot of baby stuff who isn't involved in regression isn't an AB but they don't fit with what appears to me to be the most commonly touched on points for ABs. In such a case, if that person might identify themselves as an AB, there may be immediate disconnects when discussing their experiences with most other ABs. In short, it's not so simple when it gets down to details but we can talk generally about the differences between ABs and DLs and cover most of the territory.

To the OP's overarching question, I would say you're likely also an AB if you identify as a babyfur since that's generally where furs and ABs meet. If you had not baby component in your furriness, you'd just be a diaperfur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Have to disagree with both of you, then. First off, with wiggly stuff like this, you're on thin, cracking ice over lava flows whenever you approach anything in an absolutist manner. These are labels of convenience, not scientific descriptions where one things are clearly defined. Even in the limited sample of ADISC we've had non-sexual DLs and ABs who don't like diapers. As a general matter, DLs are inclined to enjoy their diapers sexually and as a general matter, ABs enjoy babyish/childish items and behavior and the sexual component is less frequent. The bit I will agree with is that many of us identify with aspects of both.

For me (and I don't pretend to be the authority on it) the most critical point with ABs is their regression or the desire to do so. I won't say that someone with a lot of baby stuff who isn't involved in regression isn't an AB but they don't fit with what appears to me to be the most commonly touched on points for ABs. In such a case, if that person might identify themselves as an AB, there may be immediate disconnects when discussing their experiences with most other ABs. In short, it's not so simple when it gets down to details but we can talk generally about the differences between ABs and DLs and cover most of the territory.

To the OP's overarching question, I would say you're likely also an AB if you identify as a babyfur since that's generally where furs and ABs meet. If you had not baby component in your furriness, you'd just be a diaperfur.
    Sorry. Dont mean to upset you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Sorry. Dont mean to upset you.
    Not upset at all, just not agreeing with your definitions or pretty much any AB/DL definition that begins or ends with sentiments like "always" and "never".

Not upset at all, just not agreeing with your definitions or pretty much any AB/DL definition that begins or ends with sentiments like "always" and "never".
    I had a college professor who used to say that all the time to avoid absolute statements like "always" and "never" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I had a college professor who used to say that all the time to avoid absolute statements like "always" and "never" lol
    Indeed. I once had an English teacher who said that there are very very few statements that can be made using either always or never.

Way do you not avred whit any ab/dl difinition?