Thread: me in a nutshell

Default me in a nutshell

Hello everyone! First of all, I apollogize in advance for all grammar/spelling mistakes, I am not a native english speaker, but I will give my best ;-)

I was born in the early 80ies of the last millenium somewhere in the austrian alps.

I have a number of hobbies e.g. mountainbiking, snowboarding, rc stuff.

I also wanted to get started with paragliding. Unfortunatly my first flight (which was a tandem flight) happened to end in a tree after we dropped from 50 m altitude.

It took more than 3 hours until the rescue teams could bring me to the hospital. Have you ever asked yourself what's on your mind in such a situation?

Believe it or not, besides other things I worried that my parents would find the diapers in my appartment. Actually things like that shouldn't be on your mind when your life is in danger. Maybe it would be better to quit wearing diapers at all. I for sure don't want my last mind to be something about diapers...

However thank god I'm healthy now! Nobody found my diapers and as a matter of fact I still wear diapers from time to time ;-)

Hi Mantilla and welcome to ADISC.

Don't worry about spelling and grammar too much, because I was able to find this very very fluent even if English isn't your first language. I see you were born in Austrian alps, would the Austrian language be your native language? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Sweet, you're an 80's child too? COOL!

You know, I've always wanted to go snowboarding, but I've got this fear about heights and going down snow covered mountain sides at break-neck speeds.

Oh no, that paragliding incident sounds terrible I hope you made it through unharmed, or with very little injury. Forgive my ignorance, but a tandem flight is where a rookie is hooked up [literally] to an experienced member?

Yay I'm glad noboby found your stash at all.

Hope to see you around.

Welcome mantilla - I'm new too.

Children of the 80's rock! :-) And so does your English. Your English is heaps better than my German!

Are you still in Austria?

I've never tried skydiving - my sister is trying to get me to go (on her dime).

Be well - headed to bed, just wanted to send a quick greeting.
    Eli

Welcome to the forums! Dont forget to check out the rules, and as always, have a fun time here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    ... I hope you made it through unharmed, or with very little injury.
    Thanks for asking! I had a "comminuted tibial plateau fracture" (hope that this is the correct term in english). There could have been worse injuries, nevertheless it will effect me for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but a tandem flight is where a rookie is hooked up [literally] to an experienced member?
    Exactly, I was the rookie btw ;-)

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ISO400 View Post
    Are you still in Austria?
    Yes, I am :-) Thanks for your response.