Thread: Hello All!

Giants2010champs

Default Hello All!

My name is Cory. I'm in 8th grade in the sunshine state! I do like diapers just like most of you reading this, but I'm also a pretty cool guy just like all the rest of yall. I play sports, a baseball fanatic. I could go on for days, just discussing baseball. School is very important to me. I'm an all A student. Hope to attend possiblely University of Cal or Texas A&M someday. My involvement in my Church is very important to me. I'm a Christan and my favorite bible verse is Philippians 3:14....It says "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."....I love that verse because I know whenever I'm down I have a goal that I need to achieve and that is seeing Jesus at the doorstep of Heaven. I'm the most trustworthy guy you will ever meet. I never lie. Ever. I hate when I get lied to. I feel betrayed. I've met many liers before and I expect to meet many more, but I know I gotta just keep going! If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here no matter who you are. Can't wait to see yall on the fourms!

Hi Cory,

You hate liars, eh? Sounds like you could potentially be a good fit for this site
    So, ya want to be a sports journalist? That might have been something I'd have considered, however they are not that many journalism jobs that allow you to focus only on Olympics sports, which is where my passions lies (what would I give to have Handball be a mainstream sport in North America -_-). You mention not only liking to discuss baseball, but also playing it - what's your best position? How long have you been playing? And better yet, any inclinations into getting into umpiring?

Your profile lists music as one of your interest, any particular genre or bands you like?

Anyway, enough questions from me. I'd just like to say good job on the intro, t'was very well done.

~~Near

Giants2010champs

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Hi Cory,

You hate liars, eh? Sounds like you could potentially be a good fit for this site
    So, ya want to be a sports journalist? That might have been something I'd have considered, however they are not that many journalism jobs that allow you to focus only on Olympics sports, which is where my passions lies (what would I give to have Handball be a mainstream sport in North America -_-). You mention not only liking to discuss baseball, but also playing it - what's your best position? How long have you been playing? And better yet, any inclinations into getting into umpiring?

Your profile lists music as one of your interest, any particular genre or bands you like?

Anyway, enough questions from me. I'd just like to say good job on the intro, t'was very well done.

~~Near

Hey Near, Thanks for the feedback...Always Greatly Accepted.
    Man are the olympics great. I see on your profile that you like bobsledding. I'm assuming you heared of the death of the bobsledder in the 2010 olympics. Man was that sad. For once I wasn't rooting for my own country in an event. I play mostly 1st base and I'm the closer for our team. I'm a lefty so that makes it alot harder for batters when they face me. I've been playing my whole life. For as long as I can remember I've had a glove on my hand and a bat over my shoulder. I remember when I was little about 3 through 6 when I lived in California we had this small little grassy area which was big to me cause I was small then and me and my older brother whose 3 years older then me dug it up so much that we turned it into a clay baseball diamond. If we would ever hit it over the house which only my brother could do because he was bigger We'd call that mcovey cove after the Giants baseball park which has the water off of Right field. I wouldn't mind upping. Just want to be involved in the game. Music I have a vast catorgories. I'll listen to some hip hop, country, rock, and my dad's even getting me in on the blues! Especially after we saw BB King! My favorite rock band is Nickelback and Country singer is Kenny Chesney!
    Giantsfan

Quote Originally Posted by Giants2010champs View Post
    I see on your profile that you like bobsledding. I'm assuming you heared of the death of the bobsledder in the 2010 olympics. Man was that sad. For once I wasn't rooting for my own country in an event.
    (First off all, my dad did the same mistake at Christmas when he gave me a commemorative Bobsled silver coin - Nodar was a luge slider, not a bobsledder)

But boy do I remember. I remember how exited I was coming home from class that Friday afternoon, getting ready for the start of an event I had been waiting for nearly seven years. Sat down on the couch to watch the qualifying for the normal hill ski jump, since it would allow me to take a look at how the ski jumping venue looked, get a feel for the overall "look of the games", scout out the athletes that would be going for the game's first gold and, really, when else do you see ski jumping on Canadian TV?

Anyway, after that was done I went over to my computer to take another look at the results, to make sure I had a good sense of who had qualified. So I sit down, load up Ctvolympics.ca and there it was, a picture (I still remember which one, though I won't link it here, it's... not pretty) and a title that was along the line of "luger in critical condition following crash". My first reaction was "oh shit, he's dead". I knew just from looking at that picture that there was no hope of survival - you're not supposed to survive being thrown out a track, especially when you end up hitting a steel pylon at 150km/h. And sure enough, no more than 15 minutes later the news came that he had died. Took me a few hours to get over the initial shock, and the last time I felt in denial about it was maybe two months later. I would lie if I said they weren't times during the games, especially the opening ceremonies, where it didn't all feel surreal. I've also yet to watch the video (which is actually quite a feat, since it was shown on pretty much every news stations), though I'm sure I'll do it sometime, just to see how it went.

Anyway, enough for my little rant, it's your intro thread after all, not mine

My name is Cory. I'm in 8th grade in the sunshine state! I do like diapers just like most of you reading this, but I'm also a pretty cool guy just like all the rest of yall. I play sports, a baseball fanatic. I could go on for days, just discussing baseball. School is very important to me. I'm an all A student. Hope to attend possiblely University of Cal or Texas A&M someday. My involvement in my Church is very important to me. I'm a Christan and my favorite bible verse is Philippians 3:14....It says "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."....I love that verse because I know whenever I'm down I have a goal that I need to achieve and that is seeing Jesus at the doorstep of Heaven. I'm the most trustworthy guy you will ever meet. I never lie. Ever. I hate when I get lied to. I feel betrayed. I've met many liers before and I expect to meet many more, but I know I gotta just keep going! If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here no matter who you are. Can't wait to see yall on the fourms!
    yikes, we wouldn't get along very much x3 i'm very outspoken when it comes to religion, mainly because i pushed Christianity out of my life because i felt like i was being brainwahsed. but i hope one bad apple doesn't spoil your stay at ADSIC, welcome

Hello and welcome! I was a strong Christian at that age, too, but then, change is the one constant of the Universe. Ordinarily I'd dodge the topic entirely in an intro, but I'll give you some of my "old man" wisdom since someone else brought it up : Religion is a contentious topic, especially for those of us that did not leave it on anything remotely resembling good terms. Just keep that in mind as you post and it'll be brilliant!

And great job on those grades btw!