Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying baby items

Default buying baby items

how will people see you if you buy depend adult diapers with a baby item like a pacifier or babybottle or food

or what will they think if u bought adult diapers and laxatives or suppositories

I've seen from posts that some people either like to try to shock others or simply don't care. I'm not particularly concerned about what cashiers think but neither do I care to help them connect the dots. It's easy enough for me to go to different places if I'm buying things that seem to create a narrative. I have done that on occasion even with mundane things. I guess I'm just secretive.

crazykittensmile

Most people don't know much about ABs, and if they see you buying baby items they will probably assume that you are buying them for a baby. The same with diapers - they will either assume they are for a disabled/elderly person or that you have a genuine need to wear them. However, although most people don't really know much about ABs some people probably have at least a vague knowledge that they exist - a whole range of shows, including Jerry Springer, CSI and Family Guy have referenced adult babies before. They probably don't really think about ABs much, if ever, but if you come to the checkout with adult diapers and baby items it is possible you would trigger their recollection of ABs, and make the connection that the items you are buying are for AB play.

Of course, it is also possible that they will just assume that you have both a baby and a disabled/elderly relative, or are incontinent yourself. That would probably depend on your age and demeanor when buying, and also on the cashier or people who see what you are purchasing, and their prior knowledge of ABs.

But certainly buying your diapers and baby items together is more likely to trigger strange glances or assumptions than buying the items separately would - like Trevor said, the more items you buy the more dots you are giving people to connect, and thus the more of the picture they will get. I would certainly avoid buying lots of AB items together, unless they would reasonably be purchased together anyway (eg: like bottles and pacifiers or a bib and babyfood) without arousing suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I've seen from posts that some people either like to try to shock others or simply don't care. I'm not particularly concerned about what cashiers think but neither do I care to help them connect the dots. It's easy enough for me to go to different places if I'm buying things that seem to create a narrative. I have done that on occasion even with mundane things. I guess I'm just secretive.
    Looking at it from the other side of the coin, I've bought adult diapers, a dog collar, duct tape, and a package of suppositories all at once before. I'm sure the cashier figured it all out, but aside from the briefest of momentary hesitation, she rang the stuff up and did her job without a peep.

At worst, she'll turn to a coworker and remark that a customer apparently is into some kinky shit. BFD. Having worked a cash register as a high school student, honestly, the job sucks, and seeing someone buy stuff like that would give me a brief moment of entertainment at what is otherwise a shitty job.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Looking at it from the other side of the coin, I've bought adult diapers, a dog collar, duct tape, and a package of suppositories all at once before. I'm sure the cashier figured it all out, but aside from the briefest of momentary hesitation, she rang the stuff up and did her job without a peep.

At worst, she'll turn to a coworker and remark that a customer apparently is into some kinky shit. BFD. Having worked a cash register as a high school student, honestly, the job sucks, and seeing someone buy stuff like that would give me a brief moment of entertainment at what is otherwise a shitty job.
    Yes, I don't think there's any harm in it, it's just not my kind of thing. I'd rather be anonymous than someone's amusing anecdote.

jc does anyone have anyideas what i could buy that mite hint to being an ab or dl and make them think like adult diapers and sumthin but like a couple products that if bought together mite draw some wandering minds

Quote Originally Posted by crinkleboy93 View Post
    jc does anyone have anyideas what i could buy that mite hint to being an ab or dl and make them think like adult diapers and sumthin but like a couple products that if bought together mite draw some wandering minds
    I can't say that I recommend that, but it's your decison. I think that buying adult diapers, along with a pacifier and other items similar in nature might suffice. But, honestly, I don't think anyone will say anything to you. If they mention something or do something that could be taken as offensive, that's grounds for immediate termination in the cashier field. Well, maybe not immediate, but they could land themselves in hot water.

-Ron

i know it mite not be best but i was thinking of stuff that would make there mindds wander but like know forsure and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Yes, I don't think there's any harm in it, it's just not my kind of thing. I'd rather be anonymous than someone's amusing anecdote.
    Oh, that's entirely fair and valid, don't get me wrong. I really wasn't trying to bag on it or anything, so if it seemed that way, I do sincerely apologize. Just figured I'd mention what I've seen on the other side of it, since I don't know that there are many of us on here that have done some of the stuff that I've done.

As a rule, I always buy the adult items (diapers, suppositories) from one store, and the baby items (formula, pacis, bottles) from another. Not only do I avoid awkward conversations with a hot cashier, but if a friend finds me carrying my purchase to my car, it's exponentially easier to explain one or the other, rather than both at the same time.