Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Quick theory about time and dimensions

  1. #1
    wittlekidd

    Default Quick theory about time and dimensions

    **** DISCLAIMER*****

    Okay so before i start off here, I would like to point out right off the bat that I will do my best to keep this as un-biased as possible as far as religious standpoints. This theory perfectly merges beliefs of christianity with beliefs of my own. So please dont start a religion war with me.


    Okay so picture our entire life, The people you know, everything you see and experience from the time you are born until the time you die, as one big picture frame. Now, picture a human transport belt (those things you walk on at airports and such). Picture rows and rows of frames on the belt. These many frames all represent different dimensions. they all travel at the same speed. But we cant jump back and forth between them... at least yet... Now suppose that the frame in front of yours is one second ahead in time. and the one behind yours is one second behind. And as the frames all move down the line, they all become more advanced and civilized.

    Now, in my eyes, nothing in the world is perfect. so imagine that somewhere these frames cross lines with each other.. this would explain paranormal activity. Also, is it possible that some advanced dimension down the line figured out how to jump dimensions? that would explain the extra terrestrial. Of course eventually, we all die. This is where you would fill in the blank based on what you believe. If you are christian, you may believe that your frame falls off the end and you go on to face judgment day.

    If you believe in reincarnation you may chose to believe that you start back on another frame all together.

    Keep in mind this is all a big metaphor. Obviously life isnt a picture frame
    Please dont bash me, Its merely just an idea!

  2. #2

    Default

    very interesting idea.

    Now when you say jump dimension, are you talking time travel?

  3. #3

    Default

    I am a firm supporter in multiple dimension theory
    good metaphor

    and as for time travel
    if you were going to leap to another dimension you'd probably jump space and time and enter a new space and time

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by wittlekidd View Post
    Keep in mind this is all a big metaphor. Obviously life isnt a picture frame
    obviously not, as life is like a box of chocolates: ruined by there being nuts in it.

    anyway, since you're in the mood for a-pondering, ponder how it is that we (humans) only ever relate the unknown to that which we already know - that's all we ever do. like, elemental gods are metaphors for the individual natrual forces, manlike-gods are metaphors for the distant lords and kings who govern us and so and so on, right up to the modern era in which gravity is presented as a ball on a table-cloth; and it's certainly no coincidence that the big-bang theory originated in an era of big bangs.

    but, if like me, you don't believe in time, then there are no other dimensions of time nor parallel universes.
    so, while you're happy to imagine what may be the nature of nature - i say, imagine the unimaginable.

  5. #5
    wittlekidd

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    very interesting idea.

    Now when you say jump dimension, are you talking time travel?
    yessir

    ---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by PamperedKari View Post
    I am a firm supporter in multiple dimension theory
    good metaphor

    and as for time travel
    if you were going to leap to another dimension you'd probably jump space and time and enter a new space and time
    that is a good point

  6. #6

    Default

    but time can work into it

    like if you create a paradox you create a new space/time line based on changed that would be different from before

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    obviously not, as life is like a box of chocolates: ruined by there being nuts in it.

    anyway, since you're in the mood for a-pondering, ponder how it is that we (humans) only ever relate the unknown to that which we already know - that's all we ever do. like, elemental gods are metaphors for the individual natrual forces, manlike-gods are metaphors for the distant lords and kings who govern us and so and so on, right up to the modern era in which gravity is presented as a ball on a table-cloth; and it's certainly no coincidence that the big-bang theory originated in an era of big bangs.

    but, if like me, you don't believe in time, then there are no other dimensions of time nor parallel universes.
    so, while you're happy to imagine what may be the nature of nature - i say, imagine the unimaginable.
    Yes, time is an invention of man, keeping track of events either by clocks or calenders, but in the bigger picture, it's not an object that can be quantified. Once you take time out of the picture, so many other ideas are possible.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes, time is an invention of man, keeping track of events either by clocks or calenders, but in the bigger picture, it's not an object that can be quantified. Once you take time out of the picture, so many other ideas are possible.
    Totally this. Least space exists.


  9. #9
    AndrewThatsMyName

    Default

    Huh.. This could get interesting:

    Time Travel: In order to find out how we can go back in time, what does time run on? Pictures are taken on film, what keeps track of time?
    Ghosts: Our souls have to go somewhere right?
    Reincarnation: Maybe instead of only being reborn, what if we can choose, or God chooses, to send us back to be this person or what not?

    Some Questions that should probably be answered...

  10. #10

    Default

    Going back in time would be the hard part but going foward in time is a little easier. All we need to do is go really fast, since nothing in the universe can go faster than the speed of light all we need to do is get close. Or we can send a ship going fast enough not to fall into a black hole since time drags on heavy mass and thats exactly what a black hole is. It wouldn't be far in the future that they would travel. Of coarse this would only work if we had a space ship capable of long distance travel and fast speeds.

Similar Threads

  1. Packaging Dimensions
    By Gingy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-Feb-2011, 23:13
  2. Nuk 5 dimensions?
    By timby in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-Dec-2010, 09:30
  3. Spark Theory
    By T00L in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2008, 05:24
  4. How's this theory?
    By Honeywell6180 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-Oct-2008, 03:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.