Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the UK anti DL by not selling Tena Slip in stores?

vantran

Default Is the UK anti DL by not selling Tena Slip in stores?

Is the UK anti DL by not selling Tena Slip in stores? By stores i mean the even normal supermarket stores like Sainsburys, Tesco etc

crazykittensmile

The UK isn't anti-DL - it probably doesn't even realise people who like diapers exist!

I think the main reason that nappies designed for full incontinence (such as the Tena Slip) are not available in supermarkets is that there is not the market for them. The NHS provides nappies for people who are fully incontinent, and so people do not need to buy their own - they will be provided through their continence nurse. Therefore there is a relatively small number of people buying adult nappies, and not enough to warrant selling them in supermarkets. The number of DLs in the general population is small - there just wouldn't be enough of us to justify selling diapers in stores. In countries such as the US, where there is no NHS, there is far more need to have diapers available in stores for people to buy. It is not that other countries are pro-DL and the UK anti-DL, it's just that where in other countries there is a need for incontinent people to be able to purchase diapers in stores because we have the NHS there is not the same need in the UK.

You can find Tena Slip and other nappies designed for full incontinence, rather than the pads and pull-ups available in supermarkets, in some larger pharmacies and medical supply stores. If you are unable to order online and want to buy 'proper' adult nappies, then I suggest you visit the local pharmacies and find out if there are any medical supply stores - stores which sell disability aides such as mobility scooters, wheelchairs and stairlifts etc often sell them, and most larger towns have at least one such store. You may be able to find what you want then. Otherwise, most pharmacies are able to order in Tena Slips if you phone up and ask them to even if they don't have them in stock on the shelves.

markie97

Huh?
    We buy them at the local Boots

Lol no, theres probably not a lot of demand for them. But my Local pharmacy which is about 40 seconds away and is quite small, sells them fairly cheap which i think is awesome

there are lots of shops in kent were you can buy adult nappies, you just need to know were to look. every town will have a mobility shop for oaps and disabled peaple, they all sell different brands of nappies. i buy tena slip maxi, abri forms and kendall lille, i can also get attends active. tbh i find it can be easyer to buy off ebay.

A friend told me their local Sainsburys actually had tena Slip in stock. This was quite recently, but maybe it's becoming a more known thing.

Why, then, is it that every pharmacy in France sells the equivalent of Tena Slips openly?

Greater demand for them in France possibly. It is not pro or anti anything, it is a simple matter of profitability and demand.

markie97

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A friend told me their local Sainsburys actually had tena Slip in stock. This was quite recently, but maybe it's becoming a more known thing.
    Actually I'm quite sure I saw them in our Sainsburys too