Thread: Hello Everyone!

Default Hello Everyone!

So, the time has come, I must write my much dreaded introduction! I have turned into a lurker... :S Anyway, I've been putting off writing my intro because I'm not really sure what to say. I've read the rules, and the posts on how to write a good introduction, but I'm still nervous about the whole thing.

I guess I'd be called a DL, since I'm not really interested in any of the babyish aspects. However, there are periods of time when I am not interested in wearing diapers at all. These sometimes last for months, sometimes less. I came here looking for support, and answers to some questions I had. This site is much less creepy than another one I had been on. But enough of this talk!

I have a few hobbies, and I really enjoy the outdoors. I love boating and skiing, and biking. Whenever I'm not at school or at work, I can usually be found outdoors doing one of the activities I just mentioned, or just plain hiking in the woods.

I hope this introduction wasn't too short, but I don't really know what else to say. I'll be an off and on member, seeing as I sometimes lose my interest in diapers for periods of time. But I hope to speak to many different people in the future, and be somewhat active on the forum.

Thanks!

Welcome to ADISC, hope you enjoy your stay! (You are now doomed, forever to stay) *muahaha*

Also, which kinds of bikes do you ride?

I, myself, ride a road bike, long distance.

I ride a mountain bike, which I'm currently in the process of restoring, it's a '94 Trek. There is a wonderful trail where I am that I ride on most often, however I like to do some mountain biking occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by checkplease View Post
    I ride a mountain bike, which I'm currently in the process of restoring, it's a '94 Trek. There is a wonderful trail where I am that I ride on most often, however I like to do some mountain biking occasionally.
    I never really got into mountain biking, guess it was something about the bike itself being a little on the heavy side.

I currently have a Giant TCR 2, it's fairly nice, at least I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailz View Post
    I never really got into mountain biking, guess it was something about the bike itself being a little on the heavy side.

I currently have a Giant TCR 2, it's fairly nice, at least I like it.
    It's fun once you do it. You're just riding in the woods, or on a very sketchy trail, that is usually only used for hiking. My bike is ancient, and in need of many repairs, but even though I have a job, I am broke! It's like I get paid, then the money just vanishes into thin air.

It's fun once you do it. You're just riding in the woods, or on a very sketchy trail, that is usually only used for hiking. My bike is ancient, and in need of many repairs, but even though I have a job, I am broke! It's like I get paid, then the money just vanishes into thin air.
    I used to do a lot of mountain biking actually. There are a few really fun trails around southeast Michigan, actually.

These days I'm purely a road rider, and I do a lot of bike commuting (33 km one way to work). After my accident a few years ago (SUV blew a red light and smashed my leg into pieces), I had a new bike built, steel framed cyclocross bike with disc brakes, built as a commuter beast. I love that bike nearly as much as my bubby.

I'm always happy to meet a fellow cyclist! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, a 33km commute! The longest I ride is 16km each way, and I thought that was a long distance!

Wow, a 33km commute! The longest I ride is 16km each way, and I thought that was a long distance!
    To be fair, though, 33 km on a mountain bike is way way more than 33 km on a commuter bike.

So speaking of commuting and riding, how much actual riding season do you get up there in Canada? This winter pretty much hosed my riding, and the bike stayed on the stand for about four months. March to October is about it, and anything through the rest of it is just bonus riding at that point, at least here.

Pretty well the exact same riding season here. I just got my bike out yesterday, and went for a ride. And man oh man, was I out of shape! It took me 15 minutes to make a trip that usually takes make 5 minutes! And I was huffing and puffing the whole way! I've been out on my bike the last two days, and have rode about 12km so far! I'm so excited for the nice weather, it's been nice here, but a little cold and wet. Thank god there's no snow left! Now all I need is some better weather to get the boat in the water.

Pretty well the exact same riding season here. I just got my bike out yesterday, and went for a ride. And man oh man, was I out of shape! It took me 15 minutes to make a trip that usually takes make 5 minutes! And I was huffing and puffing the whole way! I've been out on my bike the last two days, and have rode about 12km so far! I'm so excited for the nice weather, it's been nice here, but a little cold and wet. Thank god there's no snow left! Now all I need is some better weather to get the boat in the water.
    Sounds about right. I went out Thursday for the first time of the season, and I felt like hell!