Thread: "Madden NFL 10" 360 help requested.

Default "Madden NFL 10" 360 help requested.

A few months ago, I was given a little jackpot of used games, all of which did not have the original case or booklets along with them. Some of those games I have played and loved, but Madden NFL 10 was one of them, and I decided to give it a real try today.

However, having never played a sports game before of any type, I am finding myself in completely unfamiliar territory. I can grind my way through RPGs like it's nobody's business, but this is something that I have little experience with.

So, I was wondering if some kind soul here (who happens to have the exact same game on the exact same console as I do) would give me a nitty-gritty training session so that I am not completely fucked with every attempt to play a game on Madden NFL 10 on the 360. It would be easier, I suppose, if I had the booklet that originally came with the game, but alas, that is not the case at all.

In exchange, I will assist in getting any achievements that a willing soul may not yet have on this game, or on any other game we happen to both own.

EDIT - my 360 gamertag is "kaworuchan 42" - minus the quotations. If anybody here wants to add me to help with this, or if you are interested in boosting achievements in other games, let me know.

I'll probably getting more out of the trade than anybody else will, but my gratitude will be neverending.

While I'm 90% sure I have this game downstairs, I don't like football games. My advice is to look through all the options. Normally there is a "training" or "practice" or "sports-name-for-tutorial" that you can do. Also try making a custom character thing. Those usually start you off with tutorials.

Two questions:

1) What are you trying to accomplish on this game?

2) How deep is your knowledge about NFL football in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    While I'm 90% sure I have this game downstairs, I don't like football games. My advice is to look through all the options. Normally there is a "training" or "practice" or "sports-name-for-tutorial" that you can do. Also try making a custom character thing. Those usually start you off with tutorials.
    Well, thanks for the heads up. It appeared there are training and practice modes. Normally, I get all of the info on how to play a game by reading the manual, so the thought to look for a training mode outside of the main game did not occur to me this time around. I'll start chugging away at them later today.

EDIT - I never thought I would say this, but really, thanks for pointing out what should have been blatantly obvious to me. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by bomb851 View Post
    Two questions:

1) What are you trying to accomplish on this game?

2) How deep is your knowledge about NFL football in general?
    I am trying to be remotely competent in this game, and my knowledge of NFL football is about average.
    Last edited by KaworuVsDrWily; 22-Mar-2011 at 12:45.

there might be some tips over at Operation Sports. I'd try to help, but don't have a 360 :/. One I can say from playing NCAA games especially, is it is worth going into the practice mode (after done with training), set up the defense to run random plays, and practice trying to read the defense, find the open receiver, etc.

Passing is really the main thing to get down. the running game is pretty simple, mostly just requires knowing the controls.

If it's understanding the conrols you having a hard time with then I found a controler guide for you.

GameFly: Madden NFL 10 for Xbox 360 Instructional Manual | Madden NFL 10 Xbox 360 Instructions