Thread: Maybe one of you guys that know HTML can help me out.

Kip

Default Maybe one of you guys that know HTML can help me out.

OK. I posted in the programming language thread that I run a website for my Boy Scout troop and there is a problem that I don't know how to fix. if you go to Boy Scout Troop 760 - Lakeland, Florida and click on roster(Note: If you are using Firefox, then it looks like it is OK, but if you use IE, then you can see the problem), you will notice that the tan part of the page that has all of the information on it is flushed to the left side of the screen. I am trying to get the tan part back in to the center of the page so it is the same as all of the other pages. Thanks in advance.

I can't remeber the exact code but I think if you just do [ALINE-CENTER] it should work.

try to align the border with <center> </center>?

Why did you put 10 spaces between each line of code would be my question for you.

Other than that ill look through it tonight when i have more time.

Or you may want to try a forum that is specifically for html, they will probably be able to place the problem right away.

EDIT:

its something before this line

Code:
    <table style="width: 630px; height: 698px;" align="center" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2">
    i copied everything below this line and it was centered as soon as i added the top portion of the page it went left again.
    Last edited by d4l; 28-Jun-2008 at 12:13.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered4lyfe View Post
    Why did you put 10 spaces between each line of code would be my question for you.
    I didn't. The old webmaster must've done it. As for the specific forum, I posted this here a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't help.

He does use some attributes and tags that don't really exist.. in HTML 4.01 anyway. Try fixing these [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.troop760.com/roster.html - W3C Markup Validator and see if that helps any.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    He does use some attributes and tags that don't really exist.. in HTML 4.01 anyway. Try fixing these [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.troop760.com/roster.html - W3C Markup Validator and see if that helps any.
    How do I fix them? Just delete em'?

well, the html tags that don't exist.. I have no idea what they were put in there for. Some of the other ones, like background="" should really be part of the CSS code that's given with the style="" attribute. I'd remove the non-existant tags and move the background attributes into the CSS.