Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here on medication for incontinence/bedwetting?

Default Anyone here on medication for incontinence/bedwetting?

Did a search, nothing precise or relevant came up.

Just wondering if anyone here is, like me, taking any medication for their continence/bedwetting issues, and if so, what they're taking?

I've been given oxybutynin....shame it seems to not help and makes me feel dizzy/sick.

I'm on both Vesicare and DDVAP for it, (DDVAP at night, Vesicare in the mornings). They help some, but not a lot and they're pretty much the only two I can take with some of the other meds I'm on for my other health conditions.

Previously, I've posted a topic about this subject, but not much reply, and I see it's locked for whatever reason.
    Anyway, currently I get Detrusitol SR 4mg. Detrusitol contains Tolterodine which

is the first antimuscarinic agent to specifically developed for the treatment of overactive bladder.

I have tried several but nothing has worked for me. I am happy that there are meds out there that do help some.

when i was little i had temper issues and they put me on imipramine. its also used to prevent bedwetting and since i have been on it it has sadly been very effective. once i started on it my bedwetting immediatly stopped. it might work just putting out an option lol.

Well... I used to be a bedwetter during all my childhood & teens (up to 17)... and I've been to many doctors and have had a dozen things prescribed.
    Some worked to the point that the bedwetting got a lot less frequent but the side effects (from serious dizzyness to feeling really sick) were not worth it at all..
    Some stuff simply did nothing at all... and others worked a little but not reliably to the point where I could be without protection... (I wet 5 out of 7 nights sometimes all nights... and on some meds it was like 3 or 4 out of 7 and sometimes still all...).
    Don't remember all the names... I had given up on "medicine" to find a cure and really didn't care what my parents tried... it never really worked, so diapers it was (which at first I hated)...

the other thing my parents insisted on trying was one of those stupid bedwetting alarms (the doc had recommended them trying that).
    The results were amazing: I woke up - WET, sometimes in mid of peeing, but still wet - and that twice or three times a night... and was seriously wrecked by the lack of sleep after a two week ordeal of this shit.
    I was 9 at that time... and I simply asked my mum to stop using that thing on me I can't take it any longer... I basically begged her for diapers...
    After two weeks she was understanding, as my grades had dropped and I was moody all the time - and I guess the heapload of sheets and bedding to wash, including the fact that it didn't really work came in "handy"... god was I relieved when they took the thing away.

so - long story short: meds - been there done that, didn't really work... other stuff: the same... diapers: work!

I used to be on medication for bedwetting and my doctor keeps insisting i go back on it but hey im a TB, im fine with the way things are. I'd rather stop on my own anyway

I've used and been prescribed the following for overactive bladder and bedwetting over the years: imipramine, detrol, ditropan and vesicare. None of them have been completely effective at controlling my urge incontinence and they have given me the following side-effects: dizziness, dry mouth, restlessness, insomnia, irregular blood pressure and headaches. Great shit Doc!!! Can you make me feel any worse? I told my Urologist several years back that I was done with medications. Imipramine was the most effective, but the most problematic as far as side effects for me. Some people can tolerate these drugs without much problem. But, patient beware.

Booger

Side effects may include: Vomiting and Death

Somehow I'm beginning to doubt pharmaceuticals.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I've used and been prescribed the following for overactive bladder and bedwetting over the years: imipramine, detrol, ditropan and vesicare. None of them have been completely effective at controlling my urge incontinence and they have given me the following side-effects: dizziness, dry mouth, restlessness, insomnia, irregular blood pressure and headaches. Great shit Doc!!! Can you make me feel any worse? I told my Urologist several years back that I was done with medications. Imipramine was the most effective, but the most problematic as far as side effects for me. Some people can tolerate these drugs without much problem. But, patient beware.

I'm on ditropan at the moment and I hate it. I'm heading back to the doctors because at present, I'm dizzy, have a dry mouth and keep drinking loads of water (which makes the wetting worse), feel sick and can't sleep.