Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that you simply just don't get?

Default Things that you simply just don't get?

Well what are some things that no matter what you think you can't relate to? Or wrap it around your head?

For me it's Caffeine makes you pee. I personally don't experience this... another is spicy food makes your stomach upset and have diarrhea... I also don't understand this, nothing has ever happens to me and I eat a crap load of spicy food.... I just don't get these sayings.

Butterfly Mage

For me, it's C++

Back in the pre-Windows days, I was a pretty awesome amateur programmer. I could do Pilot, Basic, and Pascal. I even did a bit of COBOL here and there. But then Windows came about and C++ became the language of choice and I just couldn't wrap my mind around the whole "pointer" constructor, nor could I make the intellectual leap from "flow-driven" programming to "event-driven" programming.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    For me it's Caffeine makes you pee.
    Funny, for me coffee is a pretty strong diuretic/laxative (to the point where I don't drink coffee whenever I know I won't have access to a bathroom for a while).

I guess you could say getting drunk is something I just don't get the appeal of. That and watching Golf (and this is comming from a guy that enjoys watching Curling ).

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    That and watching Golf (and this is comming from a guy that enjoys watching Curling ).
    I guess you just have to like golf. I love every thing about golf, I try to play in my city tourney every year and when I don't have a match I will usually go watch my friends matches, I love seeing comebacks in match play when someone is down 2 or three and they comeback to extend play or even when! ah its the best! or when Rory Mcilroy crushes it and win's his first pga event at like something like 14 under I think it was. I could watch golf all day.

but for me its show's like Jersey Shore or Teen Mom or even like Storage Wars, I don't get reality shows! I don't like them at all, and I don't see how people see the appeal in shows like those and other like the horrible shows on TRU-TV like Hardcore Pawn, or Lizard Lick Towing. I just don't see why people genuinely enjoy those kinds of shows.

I think curling is Canada's golf! lol

For me it's baseball. I just don't get it. Playing it is fun, but watching? No way. Nothing ever seems to happen! I'll take the good ol hockey game! (its the best game you can name)

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Funny, for me coffee is a pretty strong diuretic/laxative (to the point where I don't drink coffee whenever I know I won't have access to a bathroom for a while).

I guess you could say getting drunk is something I just don't get the appeal of. That and watching Golf (and this is comming from a guy that enjoys watching Curling ).

Sent from my iPhone
    I'm the same way on the coffee front... It usually...produces effects... In a couple of hours at the far outside.

I honestly don't get the appeal of clubs or going clubbing. Not one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butterfly Mage

Sadly, I am totally addicted to coffee. It totally sucks and if I go more than a day without drinking it, I get bad headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Sadly, I am totally addicted to coffee. It totally sucks and if I go more than a day without drinking it, I get bad headaches.
    I hear you out there... if I skip my morning coffee, I get afternoon headaches -_-

Sent from my iPhone

I dont get most of these dramatic reality shows, it seems like a waste of time and space to me. C++ I also could not wrap my head around that, just seemed awkward at best, then yet again I dont do much coding at all anymore.

AndrewThatsMyName

Algebra 2B: I just could never get it.

And seriously, drug use in teen agers. It's all around me, but I don't know why?