Thread: Best UK Night diaper?

Default Best UK Night diaper?

OK, so I've just woken up after sleeping in a tena slip and it was loose/ looser than I when I put it on the night before.
    Does anybody know of a good UK brand of diaper/ night diaper that won't do this?

Quote Originally Posted by JediJon View Post
    OK, so I've just woken up after sleeping in a tena slip and it was loose/ looser than I when I put it on the night before.
    Does anybody know of a good UK brand of diaper/ night diaper that won't do this?
    All nappies will loosen a little overnight - either the plastic stretches, or, if there's a taping strip, the tapes may slip a little. Best approach is either an elasticated fixation garment, or overtaping with packing tape, IMHO.

In answer to your question - I've had good experiences with Abena slips.
    Last edited by Akastus; 16-Mar-2011 at 12:27.

I've found that with the Tena Slips as well but as Akastus says i think it is a generic thing that happens with all diapers.

My solution is 2 lengths of electrical insulation tape (the most useful thing in the world) to join the tapes on either side of the diaper together which solves the problem for me.

Personally i've not tried any others due to the relative ease of getting hold of Tena's in the UK so can't advise any more i'm afraid although I have heard good things about attends so want to try those soon.

P.S. Also just noticed that this is a very local thread (Cambridgeshire / Hertfordshire) so far

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    All nappies will loosen a little overnight - either the plastic stretches, or, if there's a taping strip, the tapes may slip a little. Best approach is either an elasticated fixation garment, or overtaping with packing tape, IMHO.

In answer to your question - I've had good experiences with Abena slips.
    I have this problem with Tena Slips too. Im going to try that. Thanks :P

Quote Originally Posted by JediJon View Post
    I've asked this before and was suggested to pre-stretch them before putting on. So instead what I did was tape them on but make sure the tapes were either on the lands (for diapers with lands like bambino) or was a diaper with retapes. (abina) Then put the diaper on at least an hour before I went to bed. Then once I laid down for bed, the material had already stretched so I moved the tapes in. They generally don't stretch anymore and stay tight till morning.

Sitting while diapered appears to stretch the material the best, that position increases the distance around your body just enough to do the job. (so don't tape TOO tight while standing, because you risk a tape break/pop if you sit)

I also do this if I diaper up for the day and intend on wetting on the way home from work. I'll move the tapes in just before I leave work, they've usually stretched enough to move them in about one inch. This has been very effective at preventing leaks while I drive home.

not had the problem with tenaslips before, but i have with other brands. i've used reinforced packaging tape (better than duct tape) but that creates the problem of having to cut off the diaper (a major problem if you're gagging for a dump).
    there are various other ways of keeping the dispie secure during the night, but they all go to defeating the design concepts of the ease of use, the all-in-one and the ease of disposal.
    i've whittled this situation down to a less tight taping of the dispie [at the waist] coupled with a wearing of a onesie or one-piece suit; or just going with a trad nappy, thereby avoiding leakage issues. i usually do the latter.

Have you tried Molicare Slips? they are very absorbant. Or as suggested a onesie. these keep your nappies from sagging.