Thread: Finally, some much needed R & R...

Smile Finally, some much needed R & R...

It seems like I've been so swamped with various aspects of my life that I went through a sort of purge recently. It was a fairly miserable couple of weeks and I'm still a little stressed, but luckily I just went on Spring Break so I'm getting some much needed rest and relaxation. I kinda rediscovered my little side by padding up and playing some good ol' fashioned nintendo 64. I suppose you could call this regression, which is funny because I never really get the opportunity to regress, so the whole concept is still new to me. This is an interesting change of pace though.

I don't particularly know why I'm telling you all this. I suppose I just wanted to let someone know of my newfound relaxation.

I guess if you wanted to create a piece of advice from this, I'd say that regression doesn't have to involve doing baby things. Just do what makes you comfortable and brings you back to happier and carefree times. For me, it's padding up and getting lost in the nostalgia that is old school gaming consoles.

-Big Kid

wittlekidd

Ahhhh the nintendo 64. I remember it like it was yesterday. The look on my face that christmas morning when i opened mine was absolutely priceless. Zelda ocarina of time was my favorite game for the system. Happy relaxing

A day of just kicking back playing N64 in your favorite padding! Never underestimate the power of nostalgia! My favorite games on the N64 were Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I preferred Goldeneye, but I played Perfect Dark more when I was alone because it had bots that I could set. I also liked Mario Kart 64, Starfox64, and Pokemon Stadium/2. The N64 has one of my favorite controllers as well, it is only behind the Atari Joystick on my favorites list!

Quote Originally Posted by Altric View Post
    A day of just kicking back playing N64 in your favorite padding! Never underestimate the power of nostalgia! My favorite games on the N64 were Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I preferred Goldeneye, but I played Perfect Dark more when I was alone because it had bots that I could set. I also liked Mario Kart 64, Starfox64, and Pokemon Stadium/2. The N64 has one of my favorite controllers as well, it is only behind the Atari Joystick on my favorites list!
    You have just described my childhood. lmao that is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by wittlekidd View Post
    Ahhhh the nintendo 64. I remember it like it was yesterday. The look on my face that christmas morning when i opened mine was absolutely priceless. Zelda ocarina of time was my favorite game for the system. Happy relaxing
    That was my favorite game as well. Yes, I had a 64 back in the day.

I never cared for the Zelda line up, but I do enjoy Super Mario World and Mario Kart 64. I like playing them on an emulator using a Playstation controller. I'm downloading those games again right now since you reminded me. Now that I gave up my day job for more free time, what better to do than play Nintendo.

Bwuhahah, good old fashioned N64!! Lolol! The original is old-fashioned, and still the best! The N64 was a fun little novelty on which I spent a lot of time playing multiplayer Goldeneye in high school!

That does sound like a lot of fun, though, padding up and pulling out an old game! Sadly for me, the N64 looks like complete unplayable ass on our 50-inch tv. The older systems look fine, but for whatever reason the 64 has a lot of noise (and it's any 64, not just ours. We've tried a couple of them to be sure).