Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favortie Foods Growing Up, Take 1

Booger

Default Favortie Foods Growing Up, Take 1

Don't really think this belongs in the AB Forum, as this is just general information.

Despite knowing well what we prefer to eat now when the clock reaches dinnertime could be different as to what we ate growing up.

Was your palette limited? Were you a picky eater? Or were you open to trying new things? Reach back and share some of your experiences with food growing up, furthermore, did you have any specific favorites to eat? Do you still eat the same dishes today or have you moved on into a much broader spectrum of nourishment? What are your tastes like?

For instance, my favorite breakfast was pancakes with peanut butter and syrup. Typically, I ate anything that was fried chicken, my favorite lunch and dinner being chicken fingers with fries. However, my parents and I would go to Outback Steakhouse on Thursdays and order a Bloomin’ Onion as an appetizer and happens to be one of the things I still eat today given the chance. Some of the de facto drinks that I consumed in my childhood were Soda, Milk and Apple Juice. I drank Orange Juice for awhile, but found that the acidic properties would make me throw up.

I was a very picky eater, although my parents cooked food that was still healthy yet I could manage to eat without gagging. My dad was very persistent in me eating vegetables, and on the occasion that we did eat a meal with veggies, he would often get very angry when I neglected to eat them, even going as far as screaming at me once to eat my greens, which was a very upsetting experience.

My tastes could be described as sensitive. I like plain and sweet foods but nothing too hot or sour. And despite broadening my tastes to different food, I still eat the core dishes I turned to as a kid.

Your turn!

I was an insanely picky eater and wouldn't eat most of what I consider to be my favorite foods now. Strangely I don't like most of my favorite foods from then.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post
    I was an insanely picky eater and wouldn't eat most of what I consider to be my favorite foods now. Strangely I don't like most of my favorite foods from then.
    What were some of those foods that you didn't eat then but do now?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBrow View Post
    What were some of those foods that you didn't eat then but do now?

Pretty much any veg that wasn't peas, carrots or potato, plus most fruit that wasn't an apple, orange or banana.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBass View Post
    Pretty much any veg that wasn't peas, carrots or potato, plus most fruit that wasn't an apple, orange or banana.
    I ate peas, those were okay. I simply loved potatoes. Apples and grapes I dealt fine with but any other fruit and veg was icky, like broccoli.

^yeah, I used to drive my parents mad because I used to seperate things I liked on my plate from things I didn't like and I spent AGES per meal doing it too. Even the slightest bit which touched I wouldn't eat.

Booger

I was the same way. As soon as the food I liked was touched by something icky, it was doomed to not be eaten as well.

I was really picky as a little kid. I would only eat the stereotypical things like grilled cheese, pizza, etc. I would sniff everything before trying it, and I'd only take a small bite. Now, I love trying new foods, and my tastes have expanded tenfold. I absolutely love spicy food :3 My favorite food at the moment, hmm...I don't really think I have one. There are so many to choose from.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by HelpPlz View Post
    I would sniff everything before trying it, and I'd only take a small bite.
    Y'know, parents may hate that, but I find that mental image to be absolutely adorable.