Thread: Hello, Hi and Hey There!

Talking Hello, Hi and Hey There!

Hello all!

Just wanted to say 'hi' and introduce myself. I am a babyfur/littlefur by night and a desk jockey by day. Just your typical, mild-mannered, all-American kind of guy. Nothing special!

I often like to partake in the habits of a person about fifty years my senior: crosswords, drinking tea, puttering around the house, going on Sunday drives... (Not knocking our elders; I just find it humorous that I'm of the AB/DL world and yet seem to have an older soul.) However, I do also love cooking, music (almost all genres) and board/card/dice games.

As for joining ADISC, it was an easy choice. I've visited the site many times before and figured I'd better get around to joining. It would just be good to meet some neat folks who 'get' this other side of our collective selves.

I also wrote a babyfur story titled, "Blue Glow," which is posted on Furry Jade Fox's website. Jade was more-than-kind enough to post it on his site and had to do it in an image-like format because his pdf-related program was being argumentative. I know it ends up being a large file, but the ultimate plan is to put illustrations to it so the project isn't quite over yet. I've noticed a bit of interest on here, so if me and my ego may be so bold, I'm planning on posting it here.

Anyway, thanks for letting me blab on and on. I'm really looking forward to shooting the breeze with you all.

All the best.

Onecho (TIR)

Hello and welcome! So what sorts of card and dice games do you play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Onecho,

You're certainly not the only one here that sometimes feels like an "old soul". I have had an interest in politics and current affairs ever since I was very young (I was watching the news religiously as a 7/8 year old ) and, while I'm quite immature in some (many?) ways, in others I've always felt like I was years ahead of my peers in terms of maturity. Which, as you say, is quite ironic ^^.

You mention being a babyfur, do you have a fursona? If so, what species is your fursona, and do you have any pics of him/her? What can I say, I love seeing other people's fursonas (speaking of which, you can see a few pics of my bichon frisť fursona here). As for posting your story, don't hesitate - as long as you abide by the story section rules, anything goes

Welcome to ADISC,

~~Near

p.s. I'm drinking tea as I'm writing this

Default Games

In the way of card games, I like euchre, spades, bridge, fluxx... I pretty much like all dice games. I haven't really got into RPGs much, although I do enjoy watching my friends play You?

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    In the way of card games, I like euchre, spades, bridge, fluxx... I pretty much like all dice games. I haven't really got into RPGs much, although I do enjoy watching my friends play You?
    I'm a Michigan native, so Euchre is mandatory here . Fluxx is awesome! Some of the Steve Jackson games, like Munchkin and Ninja Burger, are a lot of fun. Have you played Dominion or Power Grid?

And yeah, I too think I'm an old soul. Ive always been politically oriented, and I kinda skipped past all the partying and stupid crap that the early 20s are supposed to be about. That's ok though as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Oh, you might have some fun watching a few fencing buddies and me play D&D - we're all really geeky (we all fence, and we have 2 CS students, 2 Physics student and a guy that missed the last game because he was at PAX East... and an arts student, but we shun him ) and, err, it tends to get insane (half the party is good and half the party is evil, so they are also a lot of conflicts ^^). If you get the chance I'd recommend you give it a try - with the right kind of group it's really fun. Also, here are my dice ^^.

Re: Near...

You mention being a babyfur, do you have a fursona? If so, what species is your fursona, and do you have any pics of him/her?
    I see myself as a kit. As for what exactly a fursona is, I might need to do a bit more research. However, a vast majority of the time I regress, a young fox always seems to come to mind. As for a pic: I don't have one yet. I will probably adopt an illustration of the lead character of my story once it's illustrated and call it my own, since he really is a pretty apt reflection of me.

As for posting your story, don't hesitate - as long as you abide by the story section rules, anything goes
    I guess that brings me to a question I wanted to ask before posting, just to make sure I wasn't breaking protocol: is breastfeeding allowed in posted stories? It's not sexualized whatsoever. Just wanted to play it safe and ask.

p.s. I'm drinking tea as I'm writing this
    Me too...orange blossom.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Also, how can I get a post removed? For some odd reason, this reply got posted into the intro thread right above this one on the forum list. Quite embarrassing and I feel bad for probably throwing off a new member. Help?