Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome game that no one's heard of?

Default Awesome game that no one's heard of?

Ok, time and time again, I've tried to talk to people about the game No More Heroes. Apparently, no one's ever heard of it, though it's easy enough to obtain; I bought it for 10$ at Gamestop. Just watch the opening video, and tell me you don't at least want to give it a shot:

YouTube - No More Heroes - Introduction

This video got me hooked. After that, I got both games for the Wii, paying about 25$ total for 2 games.

But, anyhow, I may just be... well, me. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Dann; 15-Mar-2011 at 03:06.

I was hopping this would be a thread where we could talk any awesome games no one had heard of, which would have prompted me to start my rant about the greatly underated Baten Kaitos.

Anyway, I've never played NMH mostly because I really could not get into Suda51's last game, Killer 7. I might give it a chance at some point, but I suspect it, just like Killer 7, just isn't my type of game.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I was hopping this would be a thread where we could talk any awesome games no one had heard of, which would have prompted me to start my rant about the greatly underated Baten Kaitos.

Anyway, I've never played NMH mostly because I really could not get into Suda51's last game, Killer 7. I might give it a chance at some point, but I suspect it, just like Killer 7, just isn't my type of game.

Sent from my iPhone
    that depends on what you mean by "not your kind of game". I've never played killer 7, but I hear NMH is better. Anywho... perhaps you could tell me what about killer 7 kept you from playing?

I looked up killer 7. I could hardly tell it's by the same people as NMH, and the gameplay is way different.

Booger

It's my belief that they should bring back Vector-Man. The titles were popular in the nineties and a third sequel was slated for the PS2 and canceled. What with the technology they have today, I imagine that a new game starring him would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBrow View Post
    It's my belief that they should bring back Vector-Man. The titles were popular in the nineties and a third sequel was slated for the PS2 and canceled. What with the technology they have today, I imagine that a new game starring him would be incredible.
    ^Um... did you post directly after reading the title? Because I have no idea what Vector-Man is, nor do I know what this could have anything to do with the thread at hand.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    ^Um... did you post directly after reading the title? Because I have no idea what Vector-Man is, nor do I know what this could have anything to do with the thread at hand.
    Sorry. I guess I should have mentioned that I have heard of NMH, but haven't played it, although I would like to as I've heard and seen a lot of good things about it.

My brothers used to have NMH i wonder if they still have it. I've played a bit of it quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    My brothers used to have NMH i wonder if they still have it. I've played a bit of it quite fun
    If they do, I recommend it. Start from the beginning without spoilers, is another tip if you're actually going to give it a shot.

NMH had very seedy subject matter, insane boss battles, and a homicidal otaku as the hero. Many very fucked-up moments in the game. If the controls were tighter, and if the streets were not so fucking empty everywhere I went, I probably would have loved it.

never heard of it before, but I'm pretty isolated from the media. The intro looks pretty interesting, but I don't know what to make of the breaking of the 4th wall -- you'll have to let us know if that's a big part of the game play.