Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: It's official- The NFL is locked out... UGH

  1. #1

    Default It's official- The NFL is locked out... UGH

    I had hoped this would be avoided and I am hoping that there will be football this year. In this case, it's billionares vs millionares in a stalemate that is going to cost me the National Football League unless a deal is worked out before kickoff weekend. Now that I'm not working, I was looking forward to ACTUALLY being able to watch football instead of working on Sundays.

    For six years I worked Sundays, first mid-afternoons, then closing and then finally I was opening the Sunday brunch buffet line. UGH.

    I kinda saw this coming, because of the situation because of the era of greed we live in now. Players, owners, are all greedy and they don't realize the fans are the ones that are going to be hurt by this all. Fans are going to suffer. I also had a chance to go to a Browns game- and now-it doesn't look like it will happen.

    Sigh... I'm going to hope for the best and hope like hell that there will be football on Sundays. At least there is the NCAA game. I can at least look forward to that despite my Buckeyes probably will have a rough start due to NCAA suspensions.

    Well, life will go on.

    WildThing121675

  2. #2
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    I always find it amazing how American culture reveres sociopathic super-athletes and narcissistic drug-addled movie stars. In a perfect world, the adulation would go to scientists and artists.

    This isn't the first time major league sports players (millionaires) have had pissing contests with the management (billionaires). Every time there's a strike or a cessation, I hope beyond hope that the American populace will find some other more worthy venue for their collective admiration. Jocks and actors just aren't worth anyone's time or money.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I always find it amazing how American culture reveres sociopathic super-athletes and narcissistic drug-addled movie stars. In a perfect world, the adulation would go to scientists and artists.

    This isn't the first time major league sports players (millionaires) have had pissing contests with the management (billionaires). Every time there's a strike or a cessation, I hope beyond hope that the American populace will find some other more worthy venue for their collective admiration. Jocks and actors just aren't worth anyone's time or money.
    People like the NFL since they find it exciting unlike then listening to the scientists at the Large Hadron Collider. They of which can barely explain what they are doing or how it could change/make the world better. Also artist's deserve as much/little respect as NFL players do IMHO, most art I find utterly boring and some art I find revolting Mt. Rushmore for example on both counts.

    Anyways back to the topic at hand. the lockout sucks and I can't believe both sides are fighting over 8 BILLION dollars in revenue. the people who are fighting already hand thousands of dollars and some have millions in the bank at this very second. They need to shut the fuck up take 5 million dollars each and reinvest the rest into the NFL and communities around the NFL stadiums. Then everyone will be happy.

    Also the players should play 2 more games per year. 16 regular season games, times 5 hours at most= 80 hours of gametime per year. Also they aren't in the game for every single play, most are only out for half or less. 2 extra week's isn't a lot for fans/owners to ask for.

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm a hockey fan and want to see hockey gain the popularity it deserves in the States. And I hate football.

    So I wholeheartedly approve of this "negotiation breakdown."

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by satyrical View Post
    I'm a hockey fan and want to see hockey gain the popularity it deserves in the States. And I hate football.

    So I wholeheartedly approve of this "negotiation breakdown."
    The reason Hockey won't get the amount of popularity the NFL has is simple. Hockey is just as boring as Soccer and takes a lot more money to play.

    Well why is soccer so damn popular. The answer, it's damn cheap and the rules are rather simple. Only the person at the net can use their hands. Everyone else has to kick the soccer ball or in some cases kick a ball of dirt/mud since they can't get a real ball. You seriously don't need anything to play soccer, not even a proper ball.

  6. #6
    Dwhite

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I always find it amazing how American culture reveres sociopathic super-athletes and narcissistic drug-addled movie stars. In a perfect world, the adulation would go to scientists and artists.

    This isn't the first time major league sports players (millionaires) have had pissing contests with the management (billionaires). Every time there's a strike or a cessation, I hope beyond hope that the American populace will find some other more worthy venue for their collective admiration. Jocks and actors just aren't worth anyone's time or money.
    Well I disagree with this. People want entertainment, I couldnt immagine being in a world where the most exicting part of my day would be finding out there is a new pill for seasonal alergies. Sports in general are eaiser to compare to on a personal scale. You wouldnt finding a poor child in mexico idolizing van gogh, but you would easily find someone that idolize a soccer star.

    And to the topic. I dont understand anything thats going on here. Everybody seems to just be saying NO! to everything unless it helps themselves. Figures that this happens just as the lions start to play good...

    ---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The reason Hockey won't get the amount of popularity the NFL has is simple. Hockey is just as boring as Soccer and takes a lot more money to play.
    Soccer isnt boring though...

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite View Post
    Soccer isnt boring though...
    Nah it is. It always seemingly ends up into a tie/draw, or there's a penalty shootout. Kinda like when the US team won that mach back in the late 1990's or early 2000 where that women ripped her shirt off on the field. Whole game was decided by either team lining up and taking potshots at the goalie/net.

    Seems a bit boring to me.

  8. #8

    Default

    I guess that College Football will have to do this year. This really sucks for Indianapolis too they were supposed to host the S**** B*** there at Lucas Oil Field next year too.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I kinda saw this coming, because of the situation because of the era of greed we live in now. Players, owners, are all greedy and they don't realize the fans are the ones that are going to be hurt by this all. Fans are going to suffer. I also had a chance to go to a Browns game- and now-it doesn't look like it will happen.
    This is called capitalism.

    Both sides have legitimate beefs in this argument, and fans missing out on a season is hardly something that they ought to be more worried than their paychecks. The owners are seeing profits decline badly under the current deal, and players need everything they can get because, on average they play only about 3-4 years making several $100K after taxes with the risk of a lifetime of debilitating medical problems and costs.

    Missing out on a season is a shame for the fans, but blaming the greed of the two sides when they've got such legitimate complaints is silly.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    This is called capitalism.

    Both sides have legitimate beefs in this argument, and fans missing out on a season is hardly something that they ought to be more worried than their paychecks. The owners are seeing profits decline badly under the current deal, and players need everything they can get because, on average they play only about 3-4 years making several $100K after taxes with the risk of a lifetime of debilitating medical problems and costs.

    Missing out on a season is a shame for the fans, but blaming the greed of the two sides when they've got such legitimate complaints is silly.
    I assume both sides have good points. But as a fan of the NFL I honestly don't care. I just want to watch some NFL games.

    Of course, the NFL and it's stars honestly don't likely give a two shits about their fans. Even if it's the fabs that generates their 8,000,000,000 dollar revenue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.