Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A finger fetish or just memories

Default A finger fetish or just memories

ok.

if you guys dont already know, my gf dumped me. the last date i took her out on ended pretty well for me and was comforting to say the least...

So i took my GF (Chrystal) on a date despite the Nor' Easter

I took her shopping at the mall and we had dinner at Ruby tuesday, and i took her to see Tangled

So we got into the theater and i sat next to her, my arm on her chest the entire time. mid point in the movie i started to regress so i started nuzzling her chest, and then she put her hand in front of my mouth, i put my lips to one of her fingers and opened my mouth, and to my surprise she let me suck on it...

for the rest of the movie i sucked on it. when it fell out of my mouth, she stuck it back in my mouth and i kind of cried when the movie ended just cause it was comforting and a lil addicting...
    Anyway i was in lexington mass getting my wrist evaluated for surgery. the girl who was doing the eval was fresh out of college and a lil bit of a heavyset. she had fairly big fingers which brought back memories of that day with my ex, but what really put me over the edge, was the fact that she wore the same perfume my ex used to wear. i was fighting tears.

i dunno if im developing a fetish or its just memories of my girlfriend that was causing my emotions

just thought id share

I think (and I am no way a professional in this) that it may just be a very emotional memory that can be triggered by certain fingers, and/or smells. I wouldn't say it is a fetish since it doesn't sound like it's sexual, but I understand enough to know that such triggers can make an individual crave more of it.

For me the light smell of cigerettes, fresh air, and smokes make me think about a certain loved one. And I sometimes crave it, but honestly I think that it's just a very strong memory.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    I think (and I am no way a professional in this) that it may just be a very emotional memory that can be triggered by certain fingers, and/or smells. I wouldn't say it is a fetish since it doesn't sound like it's sexual, but I understand enough to know that such triggers can make an individual crave more of it.

For me the light smell of cigerettes, fresh air, and smokes make me think about a certain loved one. And I sometimes crave it, but honestly I think that it's just a very strong memory.
    i feel so odd

I would say that your wounds are still fresh so to speak. Nearly everyone has had their heart broken at least once so you're not alone in how you feel. Just give it some time and you'll be fine.

This pain will probably stay until you start dating someone else. I know there are certain songs that make me think of past loves. Pain never really ever goes away. It just gets buried by time.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Just a tangent thought, I suppose.

But like the others said, this pain from these memories will heal, but it may take time.
    I truly do wish you the best though.

Smell is the sence that is most closely linked to memory, so that likely played a big part in how you were feeling. I know that does not help at all, and I sure hope you feel better soon. I just thought I would throw in that you probably are not developing a new fetish.

Booger

I think it might just be a kink. A fetish is something you need in order to get off, a kink is just a preference of yours. For example, a kink of mine would be certain perfumes on women, such as Chanel or Charlie, much like how you love the smell of your ex’s perfume. In this case, the whole sucking on fingers thing might just be something that comforts you in a non sexual way, taking you back to a time of no worries, hence the strong emotional response being so close to previous memories of joy.

From the sounds, I would agree that you still emotionally attached/scarred and the finger and perfume triggered the reaction. It's a shame that you're no longer dating, but it hurts when things like this conjure up those emotions.

*depressed* i was so happy with her. Nobody gives me an honest look. Everybody sees the disablity and runs off, she was the only one that cared