Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade baby food

Red face Homemade baby food

Having checked similar threads I don't think this has been discussed for a while in the AB forum.

As I plan for my big baby day soon I have been thinking about the question of food. I want to make the day as authentic as possible but I really don't like either the taste or smell of real baby food.

I would love to know what sorts of things you have been making or have thought about.

I would probably use IKEA plastic baby bowls and make the food up the night before and put in the fridge.

My ideas so far.

1. Creamed or mashed potato
    2. Mashed up banana
    3. cooked apple
    4. toast fingers

and I must not forget

1. Juice in the sippy cup
    2. Milk in the bottle

i would love to know your ideas.

When I feel really babyish that day, I cut the crap out of whatever I'm eating until there tiny itty bitty squares. Then I smother ketchup (if it needs it), and make a mess. I don't even think half of it actually gets to my mouth though, because I enjoy just touching them (squishing them) really when I'm in that state of mind.

But I don't think I have any particular foods I do this with, it can honestly be any food for me. Just as long as I can squish the hell out of it. :P

Maybe you are approaching the problem from the wrong way if you don't like real baby food instead you should think about how you can make your normal food more baby-ish e.g. put it in the blender.

^^ what he said! Hehe and Defo do a blender think. You can blend chicken and gravy, mashed carrots and peas, animal or graham crackers

i cant think of anything else :P

Animal crackers, ooohhhh yesss. (I want to find gluten-free ones. Damn you, colon.)

Other than that, you can pretty much put anything in a food processor/blender and make baby food. I do it with cauliflower to make a low-carb substitute for mashed 'taters. And if you want an adult-friendly formula substitute, you can use one of those nutritional shakes or soy milk. (Regular cow milk is fine, too, but I think the fact that nutritional drinks are so filling is fun, if you know what I mean. )

Mac an cheese and rocket shaped chicken nuggets and cake an ice cream and cake and pudding and cake and steamed veggies and fruit snacks and cake....um.....did I mention cake?

Wholesome Baby Food

If you click on the recipes tab you'll have about 10 or 12 different options to choose from. If you can't find something there that takes your fancy then I'll be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Wholesome Baby Food

If you click on the recipes tab you'll have about 10 or 12 different options to choose from. If you can't find something there that takes your fancy then I'll be damned!
    Thanks for the Link! That is great as a reference!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    Animal crackers, ooohhhh yesss. (I want to find gluten-free ones. Damn you, colon.)

Other than that, you can pretty much put anything in a food processor/blender and make baby food. I do it with cauliflower to make a low-carb substitute for mashed 'taters. And if you want an adult-friendly formula substitute, you can use one of those nutritional shakes or soy milk. (Regular cow milk is fine, too, but I think the fact that nutritional drinks are so filling is fun, if you know what I mean. )
    Here are some, but you have to buy 6 boxes.
    Kinnikinnick Foods KinniKritters Animal Cookies, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, 8-Ounce Box (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by monkeegurl_90 View Post
    ^^ what he said! Hehe and Defo do a blender think. You can blend chicken and gravy, mashed carrots and peas, animal or graham crackers

i cant think of anything else :P
    *She