Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quitting being an adult baby, and diapers. Do you think it's possible?

pepsicolaisgreat

Default Quitting being an adult baby, and diapers. Do you think it's possible?

I have been thinking of quitting being an adult baby and doing any Adult Baby activities. That includes wearing diapers.

Every time I put a diaper on or get into Adult Baby activities, there's seems to always be someone knocking at the door.

So almost every time I put on a diaper. I just have to hurry and take it off. I maybe get to wear a diaper for 15 minutes. Then have to take it off because someone is knocking at the door.

Especially my dad, or mom or even sister. I live like 2 houses down from them. My mom and dad both won't stop knocking until I answer the door.

Then they both come around to my bedroom window and pound on the wall and holler at me and says are you up? Are you okay? It gets annoying.

And I'm about to try and quit wearing diapers. Because I always get interrupted every time.

Do you think it's possible for me to quit being an adult baby, and wearing diapers?

umm to this id say, either move away from your parents or just stop for now until you live in a place where youre not going to be interrupted

If by "quit" you mean "cease to indulge," sure. I've gone long periods without indulging. It's not that hard - you miss it, but it's certainly not unbearable.

If by "quit" you mean "cease to desire," the answer is an overwhelming no.

It's perfectly possible to cease acting on your desires, but the desires themselves are not going to go away. The concensus around ADISC is pretty much universal - AB/DL is for life. It's too deep-routed in the psyche to excise by any form of pyschotherapy, and while you can repress it, doing so will only make you miserable.

To be honest, it sounds like you need to have a conversation with your parents about privacy and personal boundaries. If they feel that they are free to drop in any time that they want, and they won't go away until you've answered the door, it rather defeats the point of moving out in the first place. Having a space of your own is as much about putting distance between you and your parents as it is about decorating to your own tastes. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents dearly, but I do not want them bothering me every day. What exactly led you to choose a home so close to your parents?
    Last edited by Akastus; 10-Mar-2011 at 11:02.

Yeah. If you mean you're really going to straight up quit, sorry bud. It's not happening. Take it from someone who's tried... Over and over and over and over again. Doesn't happen. I couldn't do anything but accept and embrace it. This is pretty much a personality aspect ingrained into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    It's perfectly possible to cease acting on your desires, but the desires themselves are not going to go away. The concensus around ADISC is pretty much universal - AB/DL is for life. It's too deep-routed in the psyche to excise by any form of pyschotherapy, and while you can repress it, doing so will only make you miserable.

To be honest, it sounds like you need to have a conversation with your parents about privacy and personal boundaries. If they feel that they are free to drop in any time that they want, and they won't go away until you've answered the door, it rather defeats the point of moving out in the first place. Having a space of your own is as much about putting distance between you and your parents as it is about decorating to your own tastes. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents dearly, but I do not want them bothering me every day. What exactly led you to choose a home so close to your parents?
    Quoting for truth. The whole point of having your own place is to have privacy. You need to have a conversation with your parents about personal space and boundaries.

pepsicolaisgreat

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Your right. I need to have a conversation with my parents, and even my sister. Hopefully they'll quit stopping by so much.

The reason I chose a home so close is because I couldn't find anything else around at the moment.

I was planning on a house 11 miles away. But there wasn't any homes for sale or even rent at that time.

And I needed to be close to my Job. So I didn't want to move any further than 11 miles.

I love my parents dearly too. But like you, don't want them showing, up every 15 minutes or so when I'm home.

Most times my dad comes down to ask me to do something.

Like, he'll ask me if I can help him get his chainsaw started, or can go get some gasoline for him. (For his chainsaw, and car).

I don't mind doing things for him, but gosh.

My sister even asks me to drive her to the store. I don't know why she needs me to drive her there. It's only a few blocks away, and she has a bike that she rides, almost all day.

SourMashKids

Agreeing with everyone here talking about boundaries. If you're old enough to own your own place, you're old enough to have a mature conversation about personal space, privacy and 'alone time'.

If you still can't do this, diaper up at times they won't come by (late at night, early mornings)

edit: an easy resolution might just be asking them to call before stopping by, unless it's an emergency. There's no reason to have a house/apt and be on edge about someone coming over!

Honestly, the quickest way to end your parents pounding on the door until you answer it is to wait until they've pounded a while and then answer the door completely in the buff and say something like "Do you mind?! I'm f***ing my girlfriend in here!!" and then close the door.

Helps if you have a good solid woody before you answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Honestly, the quickest way to end your parents pounding on the door until you answer it is to wait until they've pounded a while and then answer the door completely in the buff and say something like "Do you mind?! I'm f***ing my girlfriend in here!!" and then close the door.

Helps if you have a good solid woody before you answer.
    wb thats horrible yet great at the same time

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pepsicolaisgreat View Post
    Your right. I need to have a conversation with my parents, and even my sister. Hopefully they'll quit stopping by so much.

The reason I chose a home so close is because I couldn't find anything else around at the moment.

I was planning on a house 11 miles away. But there wasn't any homes for sale or even rent at that time.

And I needed to be close to my Job. So I didn't want to move any further than 11 miles.

I love my parents dearly too. But like you, don't want them showing, up every 15 minutes or so when I'm home.

Most times my dad comes down to ask me to do something.

Like, he'll ask me if I can help him get his chainsaw started, or can go get some gasoline for him. (For his chainsaw, and car).

I don't mind doing things for him, but gosh.

My sister even asks me to drive her to the store. I don't know why she needs me to drive her there. It's only a few blocks away, and she has a bike that she rides, almost all day.
    honestly it sounds like your whole family is trying to take advantage of you because you live so close by