Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cool Diaps

  1. #1

    Default Cool Diaps

    So, these "cool diaps" just came out, offered at Babies R Us and Toys R Us. Guess what? They're plastic backed, apparently.

    Cool Diaps™ — Where FUNCTION meets FASHION, Everyday!

    They're kind of like United Colours of Benetton or something.

    I wonder how these got past the Environment Nutwhacks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Yeah, I think there was a post on these not too long ago. I remember seeing the website for that sometime within the last month or so. I'm not sure why you think they would be less environmental than other disposable diapers. Cloth backed is no more biodegradable than plastic backed.

    I think that company would find that they had a larger buyer base if they switch to making them in adult sizes instead. I have a hard time believing that these will be that popular with parents.

  3. #3
    user13640

    Default

    Lol I hate environmental peoples.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    Yeah, I think there was a post on these not too long ago. I remember seeing the website for that sometime within the last month or so. I'm not sure why you think they would be less environmental than other disposable diapers. Cloth backed is no more biodegradable than plastic backed.
    Oh, of that I am fully aware. But the case against plastic back, or one of them, was how UNSAFE THEY WERE FOR THE POOR OLD ENVIRONMENT.

    Personally, I ascribe to the George Carlin philosophy: "The planet is fine! The people are fucked!

    In fact, the only real difference between old style diapers and new ones is that there's a cloth layer over the (extremely thin) plastic. As most of us know, you can just peel it off. The construction is worse now.

  5. #5

    Default

    Hurray! Plastic backing is making a comeback.

    I wonder if these are available where I live. There is a Babies R Us not too far away. I might just check 'em out.

  6. #6

    Default

    Why does the site say "For all my fellow 1 to 4 year olds"? If they're that large to fit 4 year olds (why would they be wearing diapers anyway at 4?), maybe they could fit smaller DLs?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Possibly Insane View Post
    Oh, of that I am fully aware. But the case against plastic back, or one of them, was how UNSAFE THEY WERE FOR THE POOR OLD ENVIRONMENT.

    Personally, I ascribe to the George Carlin philosophy: "The planet is fine! The people are fucked!

    In fact, the only real difference between old style diapers and new ones is that there's a cloth layer over the (extremely thin) plastic. As most of us know, you can just peel it off. The construction is worse now.
    Ahh, good old George Carlin, how I miss him.

    It's also worth pointing out that the "cloth" cover isn't really cloth. In most cases it is a woven plastic product. It reminds of of Tyvek.

    ---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by Dryper94 View Post
    Why does the site say "For all my fellow 1 to 4 year olds"? If they're that large to fit 4 year olds (why would they be wearing diapers anyway at 4?), maybe they could fit smaller DLs?
    You would be seriously shocked to know how many other parents that I know who are doing "emergency potty training" at age 5 so their kids can enter Kindergarten.

  8. #8

    Default

    S'truth.. I've known several parents talking about late toilet training jobs 3 months before the kids hit kindergarten.. we'll prbably be seeing them alot in the message boards in about 6 or 7 years.. most of them trained pretty quickly and cleanly at that age, probably easier than when they were younger.. While as a teenager, I personally remember a 4yo that utterly refused until his younger brother got potty trained at 2. (embarrassment factor?)

  9. #9

    Default

    Those are some cool diaps... I like the patterns.
    Does it really say "for a limited time"? This is why we can't have nice things!!!
    I dig that zebra print though.

  10. #10

    Default

    No they aren't a limited time company. They are exclusive to babies r us for a limited time.
    Anyway, I think the designs are cool. They even look quite thicker than what I've seen. I wish Bambino could make more designs and mix them in the packs. The same design gets old after awhile. Even mixing plastic colors would be a nice change. LOL lets bug Cool Diaps to make adult versions J/K.

Similar Threads

  1. I no I'm not that cool
    By babyracer37 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-Mar-2011, 21:55
  2. My Mom is cool
    By TheWolfMan in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-Jul-2010, 02:30
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-Jun-2009, 17:34
  4. cool
    By cpndl in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-Sep-2008, 03:55
  5. where to buy the good diaps
    By pickpatterns in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-Apr-2008, 13:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.