Thread: Help, AB Partner Wife Support

Default Help, AB Partner Wife Support

My partner and I have been together for 6 years. We have an amazing 1 year old baby boy. So we are essentially married minus the religious and legal stuff.

Early in our relationship (first year) I told her about my AB past, but it was during one of those "purge" cycles so I must have played it down a bit. I told her I had thrown away all my baby stuff (which is true). It seems she came to believe she was the reason for the purge and had filled a space my AB side once did. You and I know it's not like that. It's not something that gets replaced by something else.

Cut to present day, I'm in a bit of a binge cycle right now. For the last few months I'm working toward talking about my AB needs with her again. I'm actually excited to finally have it out. I think not talking about it has started to effect our relationship in other negative ways. While she and our son are out of town I'm talking to her on the phone, and somehow when I thought I had hung up, I actually fat-fingered the facetime button. She sent me a text message to let me know I had done this and that she liked the music I was listening. When I picked up the phone (still not realizing face time was on) to read the text, we came face to face. Unfortunately, mine was sucking on a binky.

Now it's all out. Definitely did not wanna do this one over the phone, but sometimes life (Steve Jobs) chooses a different path for you. She is mad and sad. She feels like I've essentially been cheating on her. I try to get her to understand that it's not something that takes her place. It's just a part of me. A part that she doesn't know very well. Her being out of town is really not helping. Her imagination is running wild with what things I might be doing while she's away. She asks me and I'm telling her the truth. The truth, though necessary, is not always pretty.

Now for the reason I'm writing this post. She is wondering if there are any support groups for partners of adult babies. She feel's very confused right now, and maybe if she talked some others in her position it could help. This is her request, not something I'm gonna try to convince her of.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by lilsquash; 08-Mar-2011 at 17:21.

I'm going through something very similar. I just told my fiance about all of this diaper stuff, and she's having a hard time dealing with it. She is a very open person, and I am fairly sure that she will be able to deal with it at some time, but she is looking for some sort of support. She can't talk to friends or family, and is not really sure what to do.

BB

I have seen some in the past there are some cuples on diaper space that may help her under stand you may want to screen this site.
    Have you shone her toddle time or bittergray they are tame site. You may want to find some one that works ab/dl counselr or therapist. If i find some thing i will let you know . Fox[COLOR="Silver"]

Well, I was in a similar position to your kinda-wife about two and a half years ago - just around the time I joined this site, actually.

My boyfriend at the time came out to me and told me he was into all this stuff involving diapers and the like, and to be honest I panicked. In the interests of fairness though, I looked it up online and found DailyDiapers. Not a good start. Luckily he pointed me to the ADISC wiki, and from there I joined this site.

If your wife wanted to talk to me about coming to terms with accepting someone who's into this lifestyle then I'd me more than happy to have a chat and answer any questions.

One of the main reasons I stuck around in this community was because of the amazing help they gave me, in the hope I could give something back one day.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Have you shone her toddle time or bittergray they are tame site.
    Yes, toddler time is the first thing I sent her.. I'll check out bittergrey.
    EDIT: bittergrey=understansing.infantilism.org YES! exactly. already planned on that being the next thing
    Thankyou

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Luckily he pointed me to the ADISC wiki, and from there I joined this site.

If your wife wanted to talk to me about coming to terms with accepting someone who's into this lifestyle then I'd me more than happy to have a chat and answer any questions.
    Thank you Talula,
    I just read your re-introduction, and you're superstar.

I'm a little hesitant right now to have her on ADISC cuz she'll obviously figure out my screen name in no time and then I won't feel like I can speak freely. I'm hopeful that sometime soon we'll be in a postion where there's nothing I say here that she doesn't already know, but that time hasn't come yet.

She thinks it's sad that I do this as it was obviously caused by some not so pretty things that happened in my actual childhood. I can't deny this as it is almost certainly true, but as a result it's really hard for her not to think of this as something I should be trying to stop. (Like I've never tried that before...)

The other really difficult thing is that she is actually jealous of it. As if AB were another woman I've been secretly having sex with for the last 5 years. I lean towards the AB side of things, so the sexual part of it isn't even that important.

I may take you up on your offer to talk to her, but not ready to have her on here (and know about it) yet.
    Thanks

This is merely a suggestion, maybe if e work talk to some other Ab's as well? Perhaps some females? It may help her out some to see if from a your perspective of another person?

All the luck to you!