Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried About the Cashier?

Default Worried About the Cashier?

So the other day I went to a Rite Aid to buy a package of Depends. I know they suck and all, but I was desperate. Anyhow, I go the the back of the store, grab a bag, carry it in the open up to the counter just like normal, and set them up there like this was something normal. The cashier proceeds to ask me about if I have a rewards program card thing. We stand up there going back and forth with her telling me the benefits and stuff, and me politely saying "no thank you". I end up telling her that I was visiting this area, which is not a lie. She responds with, very politely I must add, "Well, whenever you buy something, like whoever this is for..." and gestured to the package of Depends on the counter.

Point I'm making, she had no clue I was buying them for myself and frankly didn't care. So if you are nervous about buying diapers from a brick and mortar store, don't worry. Just relax and go in there like you were buying a loaf of bread. I hope this helps someone out there!

That is why I order online :P

I had a bad experience with a cashier who told me and yes she was serious and very serious as a heart attack. She told me that she would be announcing it to the rest of the store on the intercom that I was there to buy diapers and make things worth their wile to see me in the line buying the diapers. I gone to the manager and she said to me that it is a good thing that she is doing that and gave me the B.S. Reason why she allowed her underlings to do such a thing.

So I started buying online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post

I had a bad experience with a cashier who told me and yes she was serious and very serious as a heart attack. She told me that she would be announcing it to the rest of the store on the intercom that I was there to buy diapers and make things worth their wile to see me in the line buying the diapers. I gone to the manager and she said to me that it is a good thing that she is doing that and gave me the B.S. Reason why she allowed her underlings to do such a thing.

Let the cashier call everyone in the store up to look at what was going on, then make some sort of comment about how you need them after an injury you sustained while serving in the military or some other heroic thing. Politely thank the cashier for making you feel unconfortable for your good deed, and remind all the other customers that this store likes to make peoples private needs public. You can be sure that the cashier will never again feel so uncomfortable.

I'm not sure I could do this, but that would be kinda awesome.

BB

Mauiman

I'm not saying your story ain't true... hell no... but honestly I have a hard time believing that anyone would act like that????
    What was the BS Reason the manager gave you for actually tolerating such a behaviour?
    Why in the first place would the cashier announce your "special" purchase to the rest of the store? Did she know you in person?
    Sorry to questioning, again... I'm just getting curious as I have a seriously hard time understanding why a store / employee would do something stupid like that?
    Worst case they'll get a nasty law-suite thrown at them if they pull something like that off with the "wrong" customer...
    and it's not like stores need no customers in todays economic...

Before I started buying them online, I got Depends at the local Walgreens here. It seems like the cashier could care less, thankfully. Though for some reason, I couldn't help but feel nervous when looking for them and getting them ^^;.

Stop worrying! You're all a bunch of babies! LOL XD I've gone to stores multiple times, and bought Goodnites, pacifiers, Depends, Wipes, and all that stuff, and they honestly don't care.

i sometimes get nervous...
    then i remind myself that they dont care, and they will never see you again most likely, unless you go back to that store, and who will they tell?

then im not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/357/357094/folders/273650/2183619BS-meter2.gif

Caleb

Recently, I had a very good experience at the local grocery store down the street from my house... I was having issues with the self-checkout (it wasn't taking my money!!) and this old lady cashier helped me figure out how I was going to put the money in... She told me to push this one button, then it'll "suck your money just like a woman," not saying anything about what I was buying. It was great.

I am a cashier, and believe me when I say, that if you act normally, and aren't a regular customer, its very likely that you won't be remembered an hour after you leave. As a cashier, the customers we tend to remember the most are the regulars, and those that decide to be difficult.