Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I'm August, I've never been apart of a site for AB/DL stuff because I haven't really accepted it yet. Someone suggested joining this site so I'm just going to observe the forums and maybe make some friends.

Hello August, you are a bit early :P (sorry lame joke). Anyways, welcome to the site! by accepted do you mean in the sense of accepted being ab/tb/dl, or the ideas of others (and the community)? With the former, its something that just takes time, I'll be most of the people here have had the same problem. If it is the later, well hopefully this site will help make it easier, already taking a good first step just being willing to be here.

Anyways, that aside, what are some of your interests/hobbies/and the such? I saw on your profile you list illustrations, what kind of illustrations do you do? Is it just for hobby, or professional work (or eventually wanting to move into professional work)?

As for observing, the best way is to just jump in and start posting, we have plenty of non ab/tb/dl threads around here, and surely find some that will interest you. There are also groups (though not sure what permissions you may need) that you will be able to find plenty of discussion and people into similar interests.

One last bit, in case you haven't had the chance to yet, make sure to take a gander at the rules, always a good thing to know about :P: http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcem...697-rules.html

With that, Welcome again, and hope you enjoy the site

Nice to meet you, Coyote_Howl. By accepted I mean I'm not really ok with any of it quite yet. I haven't done any AB/DL things yet, just thought about it. I can't imagine telling anyone in real life about it, either.

I'm in college majoring in Graphic Design, so I am aiming to be a professional. I also like writing, but I don't do it very often. I have to mention that I like riding the bus places becaues I get to see the strangest things and meet the most random people.

I will definitely take a look at the rules.

Ahh alright, well thats an issue for a lot of people, and something that will probably just take time (obviously no need to rush into anything xD). I can feel you on the telling someone thing though, Personally I'd struggle with the same.

Nice, any particular career you want to go into after college (pardon my ignorance, I'm not if Graphic Design applies mainly to one specific career, or can branch in a variety of different careers)? What do you like to write? any certain genres and the such?

Ahh interesting, hopefully not too random or strange xD (the buses where I used to live you could find some verrryyyy strange people, and end up in some pretty shady spots quite quickly)

Well I'm thinking that I'm just going to end up creating advertisements, logos, and maybe illustrate a book or something. Anything will be good as long as I can create illustrations. Personally I prefer vector art and that's what most of my art is styled in.
    I used to write a lot of poetry, nowadays all I'll do is the occasional journal entry. I like reading poetry, too.

My most recent encounter with a strange bus-person was this elderly man who looked homeless carrying a "Patients Belongings" bag. I was at my college and there was this girl who I knew and the guy who was stumbling around and didn't seem to have a good balance(and smelled of alcohol), anyways, he starts walking towards the girl and she's backing away(And it's raining, btw) because she's a bit freaked out and I sort of walk between them just to make sure nothing happens, and he just looks into space and goes, "hoot, hoot" like an owl. Then we all get on the bus and I find out he's trying to get to a hospital because he asked the bus driver to take them there, and the driver said he had to take another bus. It was pretty sad because he had to get off and wait in the rain for another bus without an umbrella or anything and it had just started to rain harder. But the owl sounds stuck with me because I always make owl sounds for my baby nephew because it makes him smile.

Advertising (working on a degree in marketing here, so love anything advertising etc. xD). Ahh thats cool! I think there is a poetry thread around here somewhere to check out (have to find a link later).

Interesting story, never really ran into that where I used to live :/, sometimes there would be people hanging around asking for money or food though. The only public bus thing I really remember is one day a guy got on talking a whole bunch of end of the world stuff, it really started getting pretty scary. Otherwise it was mostly a bunch of obnoxious teenagers that acted like a-holes, or college students headed to campus/classes.

Wow that's pretty cool, what made you decide to major in marketing?

I've never run into anyone asking for food here, but definitely have for money. I was once about to give a homeless man some change while I was waiting for the bus, and he whipped out like $10 and said, "I got cash....I just stand here and people give me money" Then someone walked by and gave him some money, it was pretty funny. I see that guy almost every time I'm at that bus stop, I think he told me his name but I can't remember it.

And that sounds scary, I had a strange/scary situation once with a man who was talking to someone that wasn't there then started to punch and fight into the air. Here it's the same with mostly college students headed to class and teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Wow that's pretty cool, what made you decide to major in marketing?

I've never run into anyone asking for food here, but definitely have for money. I was once about to give a homeless man some change while I was waiting for the bus, and he whipped out like $10 and said, "I got cash....I just stand here and people give me money" Then someone walked by and gave him some money, it was pretty funny. I see that guy almost every time I'm at that bus stop, I think he told me his name but I can't remember it.

And that sounds scary, I had a strange/scary situation once with a man who was talking to someone that wasn't there then started to punch and fight into the air. Here it's the same with mostly college students headed to class and teenagers.
    It basically came from the marketing classes at my highschool I took (starting sophomore year I think?) and sense then just fell in love with it and have wanted to do it sense. Of course its a pain right now because I have to take a bunch of general education classes (I got an AAS in Business at a community college, but going for a BA in Marketing at a 4 year now).

Only had it happen once with someone asking for just food, guy just asked if I'd go over to the Del Taco and buy him some food (they were having a special with like 5 chicken tacos for 3 dollars or something) so ended up buying him about 10 of them. Other times I've had people ask for money to get food or something to drink, or bus fare etc. (no idea if they ever did that, but I like to assume they did).

Wow! that had to be at least interesting to watch. Buses with just college kids is the best (especially in the morning, everyone is just studying or listening to music and its dead silent the whole way)

Yea, general classes can be a pain. At least you know that degree will be well worth it though!

How nice of you to buy that guy food! I think I'd do the same, unless the person was particularly creepy or something.

I like that in the mornings I see like 5 or 6 college kids reading the same books. Or I see someone from the class I'm headed to. I always get excited like it's some crazy coincidence when it's not, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Yea, general classes can be a pain. At least you know that degree will be well worth it though!

How nice of you to buy that guy food! I think I'd do the same, unless the person was particularly creepy or something.

I like that in the mornings I see like 5 or 6 college kids reading the same books. Or I see someone from the class I'm headed to. I always get excited like it's some crazy coincidence when it's not, lol.
    hopefully (I hate generals, can't get excited about them :/).

haha, sadly I think I'd probably end up doing the same if I saw that xD