Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy Japanese diapers in the US?

Default Where can I buy Japanese diapers in the US?

Hello, everyone

We`ve just moved to the US after spending some years in Japan. My baby is used to Japanese diapers, but I can`t find it here. Don`t know what to do. It is so expensive to order from Japan... If anybody can help to find a US store where I can buy these diapers, it will really help.

Mk12121

I'm not sure if you really understand the concept of this website. :P

This isn't a website for people with babies, it is for people who like to act like babies and/or like to wear diapers.

Also, to answer your question, I don't think you can buy Japanese diapers in America unless you find them on the internet, and it will probably cost a lot of money.

Sorry

Depends where you are. I know some places in the Bay Area in California to get them.

Have you searched Ebay? Of course, you would have to place bids. Sometimes you can get very good deals, and sometimes the prices get bidded up, but it's certainly worth a try.

Are japanese diapers really that different? How can you tell that your baby doesn't like american diapers?

I don't think finding japanese diapers is worth the trouble. They are difficult to find in stores and they will cost you a fortune if you order them online. I'm pretty sure if you keep using american diapers, your baby will get used to them.
    Last edited by BigBlueBear; 06-Mar-2011 at 17:28.

Where in the Bay Area can you find Japanese diapers? And can you find ones for adults?

Quote Originally Posted by Mk12121 View Post
    I'm not sure if you really understand the concept of this website. :P
    That may depend on the age of her baby?

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by Anasta View Post
    Hello, everyone,
    We`ve just moved to the US after spending some years in Japan. My baby is used to Japanese diapers, but I can`t find it here. Don`t know what to do. It is so expensive to order from Japan... If anybody can help to find a US store where I can buy these diapers, it will really help.
    Although I saw your message a few hours ago, I had no answer for you.

By happy coincidence a few minutes ago I received a phone call from a good friend Sharon. Her son is nearly 7, with delayed toilet learning. She has been telling me about her frustrations finding disposables to fit him. As for pull-ups, we all know the problems with GoodNites.

It seems a couple of weeks ago Sharon and her son had a regular appointment with his pediatric urologist here in Pasadena. The physical therapist there gave her a flier about an imported Japanese line of baby disposable diapers and pull-ups. Those are called "GOO.N" which means, she was told, "Good Baby" in Japanese. What is so interesting is that besides the usual sizes from Premie to about Size 6, they offer "Super Big" pull-ups and diapers for from 15 to 35kg or 33 to 77 pounds. They are hardly inexpensive at USA$1.37 each including California sales tax and ground 5-7 day shipping. By contrast, I pay USA$0.34 for Pampers Extra Protection Size 4 and USA$0.73 each tax-free including shipping for Attends Breathable Extra Absorbent or Attends Youth Briefs by the carton.

Perhaps you already are familiar with GOO.N baby diapers, which are manufactured by DAIO Paper Co. Ltd

Sharon phoned in an order for a bag of 28 of both the pull-ups and diapers Super Big size. She said they arrived in 3 days from a Southern California warehouse. The importer has offices in a Wilshire Blvd. high rise in Little Korea neighborhood of Los Angeles.

To put it mildly, Sharon is ecstatic. Her son prefers the fit, feel and look of his GOO.N compared to GoodNites and Huggies Overnites.

I have visited the website, which is very informative, but because I do not need these for myself, I have not ordered any. Of course I invited Sharon and her son to lunch at our home today, so I am sure she will have some in the discreet diaper bag she always carries.

That URL is: japanesediaper.com

If these work out for your family, please let us know here at ADISC. Perhaps some smaller members could wear them.
    Last edited by angelabauer; 05-Mar-2011 at 19:18.

Thank you for the information. You just made my day. My son is almost 2 and he has a sensitive skin, so it was always a problem when we used a different brand. I will certainly try to order from them.

GoodJams1

Thank you angelabauer for helping Anasta. Sadly there aren't that many sites anymore to help people who need help with these matters.
    They're mostly AB/TB related now.