Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of the wet diaper smell from my privates?

Default How to get rid of the wet diaper smell from my privates?

I used powder and soap and scrubbing but I can't seem to full get rid of the smell (like I"ll touch my penis and smell my hand and it still smells like ammonia) I'm in diapers quite often (rather when I'm in them it's for long periods of time) So the diaper pee in the diaper will get smelly while I"m still wearing it. I don't mind it's nothing I can't handle but it's the smell that lingers on my penis that annoys the fuck out of me. Any idea to handle this? I've tried shaving cream, hand soap, bar soap, body wash (with looofa) alchohol. Etc. You name it I tried it... just so you know the smell is worse on the tip.... I"m not circumsized so it kind of lingers there... and scrubbing it raw sucks and just doesn't do that good of a job. Well it's not worth the pain is all.

EDIT: This just last a couple hours after wearing if I dont' wear it goes away and I do take steps hence why it's simply a smell...
    Last edited by dragsnick; 03-Mar-2011 at 17:54.

A lingering smell of ammonia from the penis could mean a urinary tract infection. Have you felt any burning sensations when passing urine? Is the urine cloudy? Try going without wearing, and washing vigorously when showering, for a couple of days. If you still smell ammonia after that - go and see a doctor.

Try changing more often? Or try creating a barrier on your skin using a lotion or moisturizer of some sort. Prolonged urine contact with your skin is going to cause more problems than smell such as damaged, dry skin and itchiness. I would also clean the area well during changing using wipes or a washcloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    A lingering smell of ammonia from the penis could mean a urinary tract infection. Have you felt any burning sensations when passing urine? Is the urine cloudy? Try going without wearing, and washing vigorously when showering, for a couple of days. If you still smell ammonia after that - go and see a doctor.
    Nah it's nothing serious and If I go away withouth for a a day it's gone. and nope no pains. Just the smell from the diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    Try changing more often? Or try creating a barrier on your skin using a lotion or moisturizer of some sort. Prolonged urine contact with your skin is going to cause more problems than smell such as damaged, dry skin and itchiness. I would also clean the area well during changing using wipes or a washcloth.
    Yeah I guess changing more often would be the only way to go...

Bobbie

Yeah, I'd change when it starts to get cold, itchy or real smelly!

Shaving you crotch helps. Just make sure to use powder all the time or you sack stick to your legs.

maybe taking a bath might get rid of the smell, youd be submerged in water so itd be more effective on reaching everything, also bubble baths are just awesome

Shaving/trimming helps a lot with smell because odors are hard to get out of hair. In addition, I've found that using a scented body wash like Axe (after washing with soap several times) really helps to hide/get rid of smell.

shower and scrub with soap. I use my shampoo for body washing in the shower, simpler that way. do NOT let soap get in. you will not like that. pinch closed while lathering until completely rinsed.

the shaving idea is pretty good too. The hair down there provides a lot of additional surface area. Don't shave clean down to the skin, I recommend just cutting it short. Stubble will itch like you would not believe.

Yogurt helps balance out the bacteria levels down there. Eating to yogurt, or for faster results let the yogurt get to room temp and place some on your friend. Obviously, don't get any up in you, and rinse it off after a few minutes.