Thread: No FUN!

Default No FUN!

Since I'm diabetic I have to do a 24-hour urine test today. I can't pee in a diaper, or in my pants, or in the potty, I have to pee in a plastic container all day. Kinda has me stuck at home too.

I'm also diabetic and have to deal with all the not fun stuff that goes with it but I have never heard of or had to do what you are describing. could you explain the purpose of this test? I'm actually kind of curious about what it can be used for.

Lol now that I think about it if i had to do that I would need one very big plastic container or many small ones because of all of the liquid I drink and output during the course of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    I'm also diabetic and have to deal with all the not fun stuff that goes with it but I have never heard of or had to do what you are describing. could you explain the purpose of this test? I'm actually kind of curious about what it can be used for.

Lol now that I think about it if i had to do that I would need one very big plastic container or many small ones because of all of the liquid I drink and output during the course of a day.
    A 24-hour urine test is a way to average your glucose levels over a 24-hour period, as opposed to a standard UA, which only gives a snapshot of whatever happened in the last couple hours.

It's a bit broader than a stick or a UA for gathering glucose levels info, but not as totally vague as an A1c, which averages out over several months.

I have had to do one of those before. its really not fun at all and I had to do it because I actually faked bedwetting and I let it go as far as that when they were testing for nothing. I feel bad now but water under the bridge eh.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    A 24-hour urine test is a way to average your glucose levels over a 24-hour period, as opposed to a standard UA, which only gives a snapshot of whatever happened in the last couple hours.

It's a bit broader than a stick or a UA for gathering glucose levels info, but not as totally vague as an A1c, which averages out over several months.
    another diabetic, but i am just wondering are you a type 1 or 2 that they are doing this test? i haven't heard of having to do that....interesting, but i hope i don't have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagrl View Post
    another diabetic, but i am just wondering are you a type 1 or 2 that they are doing this test? i haven't heard of having to do that....interesting, but i hope i don't have to do it.
    I'm not diabetic - I just work in the medical industry.

Hey now, don't get too upset. It'll be over before you know it, and soon you'll be back to wetting those oh-so-wettable diapers