Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aspergers and diaper lovers.

Default aspergers and diaper lovers.

I think those who say aspergers sydrome is conected to being a dl don't know what aspergers is. Its only social problems we aspies have, like communcating a problem or meeting new people. Its not acciated with diapers at all. But people aspergers do tend to like certain materials, and do have odd interests. So it can contribute a little bit. But over all its really not connected to being a dl.

For what it's worth I have AS and I'm a DL. Official diagnosis too - I'm sane! I have papers to prove it! Mwahahaha :P jk

Interesting, i haven't heard them compared to before, but if i ever do i'll keep your post in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by partyanimal88 View Post
    Its only social problems we aspies have
    No it's not. It's a large part of it, but it's certainly not the only area of weakness.

This spurious assertion comes up very often, guys.

This really, really, really, really, really, really, really should be an article/sticky/Post-It/whatever.

I too have AS, I was diagnosed just seven years ago but I was a DL long before I was officially classified as having AS. I'm not surprised.

Harumaru

Even if there is a relation between the two (which I doubt), why would you mention it? If the public were to know about it, both groups would just suffer more.

I'm not official, but I do strongly present many of the aspergers symptoms and it does cause me some social difficulty.

At first I was thinking "hey yeah, that totally makes sense and is probably true" BUT, I think any correlation is just that, a correlation. It's not causation. There's also what I like to call the "new car syndrome". Basically when you get a new car suddenly it seems like you're seeing your model of car everywhere. The same thing happens all the time with all sorts of things. Humans like to make connections, form patterns, even when there are none. There's an excellent Radiolab episode that deconstructs the phenomenon, which of course I can neither remember the name of or find.

I'm an aspie (proud of it btw ) and Im DL aswell I dont think there's any connection between it though. It is true though that aspies do like certain objects as well I mean the only objects I like more than diapers though are engines and computers.

Quote Originally Posted by partyanimal88 View Post
    I think those who say aspergers sydrome is conected to being a dl don't know what aspergers is. Its only social problems we aspies have, like communcating a problem or meeting new people. Its not acciated with diapers at all. But people aspergers do tend to like certain materials, and do have odd interests. So it can contribute a little bit. But over all its really not connected to being a dl.
    As I've said before on this topic, while it isn't specifically related, people with neurological disorders may be at least a tad bit more prone to this sort of a lifestyle. Again though, diaper loving is by no means a symptom of ASD, SPD, or ADHD.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    This spurious assertion comes up very often, guys.

This really, really, really, really, really, really, really should be an article/sticky/Post-It/whatever.
    Oh come on!

I write an article on this very topic, and no one ever comments on it or seems to notice it's there:
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/content/...er-loving.html

I present to you, one of the only articles ever written on the topic right there.
    And for those of you who, like me, love BitterGrey and his work on Understanding Infantilism, there is this:
    Other Conditions Prevalent Among AB/DLs

Hope that helps.