Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dell Xps ?

Default Dell Xps ?

I am getting a dell xps 1530 and these are the specs:
    My Components
    Tuxedo Black
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz/800Mhz FSB, 3MB Cache)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1
    Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1280x800) & 2.0 MP Camera
    3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
    Size: 320GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
    Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)
    256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT
    Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini Card
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0+Enhanced Data Rate)
    Free Upgrade to a 9 cell Battery
    Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition
    Finger Print Reader XPS M1530

Now I have 50 dollars extra to spend after this so should I upgrade the memory to a 4 gig or upgrade the screen to this: High Resolution, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LCD(1440x900) & 2MP Camera
    I need answers by about 9 in the morning today

really because the ratings from consumer reports said that the 1530's display is good but not great

Good shit, Ram it is. Maybe I'll just do both thought we'll have to see how much money I have when my check clears

If it is not too late. My vote would of been get a better screen. Simply because its easy to upgrade the screen now rather than later. You can easily buy an extra stick later. And that the higher the resolution the sweeter it looks.

I suppose, you could wait a week or two until they do their double Ram offer. But for $50, I don't think it is worth it.

Also, my friend has got a Dell similar to the one above. They are pretty nice things. Just make sure you set your power settings to performance mode if you think anything is a bit laggy . But that machine cost twice as much as I payed for my no thrills AMD turion64 X2 laptop from dell.

I think you need some more ram, kick it up to 4 gigs, its not really a have to kind of thing, but it will help.

Also, get a better graphics card! Since your going to have vista, you'll want to run aero, and it is consuming.

Honestly the screen upgrade wouldn't be bad, but it's a fairly high res for the size. Personally I have bad eyes, and everything would be tiny. That biased my opinion a little . My LCD is 19" and has a ntive resolution of 1280x1024. I think it's great, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think you need some more ram, kick it up to 4 gigs, its not really a have to kind of thing, but it will help.

Also, get a better graphics card! Since your going to have vista, you'll want to run aero, and it is consuming.

The card is fine, an 8600gt is the second(I think) best on the market.

And get the RAM in my opinion.