Thread: Hello everyone! from rickyo123

Default Hello everyone! from rickyo123

Hi, I've been a member for about a month now, so I'm sorry for not introducing
    myself sooner. The main reason is that I'm quite shy and always have been.
    I thought I'd be embarrased by my clumsiness and I suppose I mostly wanted to remain anonymous too. Anyway, here goes: I enjoyed sports, reading, and school
    in my youth. I spent a couple of years in college, then took a leave of absence
    and ended up not finishing. I joined the Navy instead and spent 12 years in the
    submarine force until the stress became too much for me and I became seriously
    depressed and attempted suicide. I have been in treatment for mental illness ever since. I was a bedwetter as a child then became interested in diapers and have worn and used them ever since to relieve stress and loneliness. I later returned to bedwetting and had daytime accidents as well. I am now diapered 24/7 and have been treated unsuccessfully for my incontinence, which has been the case now for many years. I have always been a closeted DL and AB but decided to tell my VA caregivers about the diapers (not the AB stuff) several years ago since I thought I could gain some understanding and acceptance of my behaviors. I also have struggled with gender identity issues since my adolescence but I have shared that with my caregivers as well. I have been in continuous treatment for mental illness for many years and now believe I may be slowly recovering. My main interests now are my computer, watching movies on TV, and listening to music. I have been a "lurker" as you say on websites for incontinence support and AB/DL as well as trangender issues. I am also somewhat of a "shopaholic" and a hoarder, behaviours which became quite problematic for me ( also gambling, but that's behind me
    now). I have been becoming more and more interested in AB behavior recently and I finally decided to reveal this side of me to my therapist in the hopes of gaining acceptance and understanding of what made me this way. I love reading stories of regression and basically anything pertaining to diapers.
    I have found this site to be the most interesting and helpful so far and now that I have finally introduced myself, I hope to gain acceptance from you members and learn about your experiences, as well as share knowledge and
    insight with you.
    I'm sorry if this introduction seems long-winded but I have been into this lifestyle for a long time and have always felt comforted by it, and have a great deal of life experience (which I'll share with you later if you're interested and accepting of me). Thanks for listening!

Greetings rickyo123. It seems that our lives share a few unfortunate similarities. I lurked this site for awhile myself before posting due to social anxiety that I have dealt with since childhood. I've been dealing with depression since high school, which has led to some problem in my life. Joined the army, but was honorably discharged very early on. Dropped out of college before I got a degree. But I manage to keep on going somehow. Although I do spend way too much time in front of my tv and computer. Which sometimes is all I can do to quiet the darker thoughts of my mind.

So what types movies do you like? My favorite genres are comedy, scifi, and action. A few movies I loved are Inception, The Shawshank Redemption, The Incredibles, and The Matrix.

Very nice intro. And no your intro was not long winded, you let us know who you are.

I also did a bit of time in the Navy, Aviation Electrician. So what was your rate while you where in the Navy?
    I spent 6 yrs on active duty, then got hurt. My brother was an MM on a Fast attack. He did 10 yrs.

I also am a movie nut.

Quote Originally Posted by BruanHam View Post
    Greetings rickyo123. It seems that our lives share a few unfortunate similarities. I lurked this site for awhile myself before posting due to social anxiety that I have dealt with since childhood. I've been dealing with depression since high school, which has led to some problem in my life. Joined the army, but was honorably discharged very early on. Dropped out of college before I got a degree. But I manage to keep on going somehow. Although I do spend way too much time in front of my tv and computer. Which sometimes is all I can do to quiet the darker thoughts of my mind.

So what types movies do you like? My favorite genres are comedy, scifi, and action. A few movies I loved are Inception, The Shawshank Redemption, The Incredibles, and The Matrix.
    Hi, and thanks for replying to my intro so soon. That really makes we feel welcome. Some of my favorite movies are The Shawshank Redemption, Shakespeare In Love, It's A Wonderful Life,
    Citizen Kane, and North By Northwest (I took a course in college called "Literature And The Art Of Film", which I really enjoyed and I've been in love with movies and the art of movie-making
    ever since). I also love comedies, especially romantic comedies (I'm quite sentimental). Even though I wasn't diagnosed with Major Depression until late in my Naval career, I also suffered depression starting in college. I went from a small Catholic boys high school to a huge University in a major city (Boston) and I was shocked and felt lost. That was the time I suffered most
    with my transgender feelings and, of course, my interest in diapers was quite strong then too, especially since I hadn't been out of diapers that long for my bedwetting. I spend way, way too
    much time on my computer as well and am very much of a night owl. Oh, by the way, I just received Inception from Netflix and am looking forward to watching it, maybe tonight. I'd like to hear more about those darker thoughts of your mind, if you're interested in revealing them. Maybe I can help you. I've been through a lot and I'm a very good listener. Hope to hear from you again soon and I hope we can be friends. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by babyracer37 View Post
    Very nice intro. And no your intro was not long winded, you let us know who you are.

I also did a bit of time in the Navy, Aviation Electrician. So what was your rate while you where in the Navy?
    I spent 6 yrs on active duty, then got hurt. My brother was an MM on a Fast attack. He did 10 yrs.

I also am a movie nut.
    Hi and thanks for your quick reply as well as your compliment on my intro. I was really nervous that I would not make a good first impression. It's nice to meet a fellow Navy veteran. I feel all
    us veterans, from all branches of the service, share a very special bond. I was an EM1(SS) when I left the service. I was a nuclear trained EM so I ran the nuclear power plant along with my fellow "Nukes". I served from 1982 to 1994. I was on both fast attacks and boomers. I struggled in my quest to make Chief, even though I did great on the exams and had stellar eval's.
    My father served in the Army during WWII and was discharged with a mental health disability, as I was. Nice to meet you and I hope we talk again soon. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Me again. My intro says I have three replies but I can't find the third one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I definitely don't understand all the in's and out's of the site yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyo123 View Post
    Me again. My intro says I have three replies but I can't find the third one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I definitely don't understand all the in's and out's of the site yet.
    Your last post is the third reply. Every post to a thread after the first is counted as a reply regardless of the author.

Maybe later when can discuss the darker thoughts. But right now I'm enjoying a period of calmness.

Quote Originally Posted by BruanHam View Post
    Your last post is the third reply. Every post to a thread after the first is counted as a reply regardless of the author.

Maybe later when can discuss the darker thoughts. But right now I'm enjoying a period of calmness.
    Thanks BruanHam. Now I understand.