Thread: Jeferson Airplane Lyrics

Default Jeferson Airplane Lyrics

I was listening to some of my jeferson airplane LPs and I recon these lyrics might intrest some of you.

Lather.

Lather was thirty years old today,
    They took away all of his toys.
    His mother sent newspaper clippings to him,
    About his old friends who'd stopped being boys.
    There was Harwitz E. Green, just turned thirty-three,
    His leather chair waits at the bank.
    And Sergeant Dow Jones, twenty-seven years old,
    Commanding his very own tank.
    But Lather still finds it a nice thing to do,
    To lie about nude in the sand,
    Drawing pictures of mountains that look like bumps,
    And thrashing the air with his hands.

But wait, oh Lather's productive you know,
    He produces the finest of sounds,
    Putting drumsticks on either side of his nose,
    Snorting the best licks in town,
    But that's all over...

Lather was thirty years old today,
    And Lather came foam from his tongue.
    He looked at me eyes wide and plainly said,
    Is it true that I'm no longer young?
    And the children call him famous,
    what the old men call insane,
    And sometimes he's so nameless,
    That he hardly knows which game to play...
    Which words to say...
    And I should have told him, "No, you're not old."
    And I should have let him go on...smiling...baby-wide.
    Last edited by huskvarna; 22-Feb-2011 at 02:52.

I love those lyrics, used to be a JA fan myself. I guess I still am but not as much as I used to be. Thanks for sharing!

-Ron

When I was growing up, Jefferson Airplane was just on the radio. It took a couple weeks for people to figure out that part of the lyrics of "We can be together.." were "up against the wall MFr's". I just love the Jefferson Airplane. Never used one though. You Know what a Jefferson Airplane is, yeah? Split a book match to use as a roachclip! I was never into drugs though. I just liked the counter culture and the look - I still look like that; long hair, faded jeans, cloth dipes. Rock on. We went to the moon in July of 1969, but left 50,000 dead in Viet Nam; the good, the bad and the ugly, huh? Kelly.

I loved the Jefferson Airplane and I love those lyrics. Interestingly, when I was in college I had this Mexican serape that was my "smoking jacket". Years later one of my kids wanted to borrow it for a costume to be used at school. I said yes and fortunately thought to check the pockets before I turned it over. Sure enough, there was a jefferson airplane, rolled up and burned at the end with lots of resin. Sigh.......

Then of course there was the Long John Silver album cover that folded into a humidor.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I loved the Jefferson Airplane and I love those lyrics. Interestingly, when I was in college I had this Mexican serape that was my "smoking jacket". Years later one of my kids wanted to borrow it for a costume to be used at school. I said yes and fortunately thought to check the pockets before I turned it over. Sure enough, there was a jefferson airplane, rolled up and burned at the end with lots of resin. Sigh.......
    Okay, I guess this is what the word 'oops' was invented for?

Quote Originally Posted by KidDiamond View Post
    Okay, I guess this is what the word 'oops' was invented for?
    Haha...yes, it was a close opps. I've saved a number of things from the old college days. I still have some of my hippie shirts, though they are a little tight. Another sigh! My best friend in college lived in Allentown, and there was this amazing head shop that sold the best leather belts and shirts. Those kind of stores always reeked of incense. The mere thought of it brings back memories.

No matter how bad your eyes are, hindsight is always 20/20. There are no do-overs. Mountains seem smaller the farther away you get. So do cuts and bruises. If I had to say anything of history, it would be how thankful I am to still be here to regard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Then of course there was the Long John Silver album cover that folded into a humidor.
    I have that album with the cigar sleeve. But the previous owner must have lost/kept the humidor cover.