Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictably, this is the thread in which I shall introduce myself

Default Predictably, this is the thread in which I shall introduce myself

Hey, I'm a Junior in high school. I'm a bit on the sarcastic side at times, but online, I am very goodnatured. Unfortunately, people tend to think that my messages convey some sort of anger, but this is far from the truth. I seek to never offend, if at all possible.

I'm here because I am a(n?) LG.

My main interests are reading, writing, and learning languages. I have loved reading since I was a child, be it fiction or nonfiction. I began writing poetry in the seventh grade, and have since added fiction to my repertoire. Indeed, I primarily delve in short stories and persuasive works now. I have been learning Latin for about four or five years, as with Japanese, though unfortunately I have been slacking with the latter. However, I do often translate things such as lyrics into Latin for fun, and attempt to continue with Japanese. I am also to continue Spanish II next year.

I also love to learn about various sciences, such as psychology, and am a Harry Potter nut.

I'm not sure why I originally signed up for this site. It was probably around the same time I signed up for TBN and was searching for acceptance. I have found some measure of peace within myself then.
    I am honestly only introducing myself now because the site won't let me read any more threads on the 'completed stories' topic until I have done so. I love stories!

Thank you for reading, and I hope you all have a fantastic February,
    Corrine

はじめまして。私の名前はネイト・リバーです。どうぞよろしく。

Latin and Japanese, eh? That's two radically different languages. Any reason you chose to learn those those, along with Spanish? Et surtout, pourquoi pas le franÁais? *boude*
    I also took Spanish in high school (and Japanese at uni), but I only took one course. I might get back to it eventually, though - I figure that since I'm a francophone it probably wouldn't take that much effort to learn, especially compared to English ^^.

Yours truly also happens to be a big Harry Potter nut, I've been a fan ever since I was 8 (so for the past 11 years O.o). What house do you belong to? It would please me much to see a fellow Ravenclaw, but don't worry, I won't discriminate against other houses.

I'm sure you've noticed, but the story sections here are not only for AB/DL related work. You mention you like writing, both fiction and persuasive work. You can certainly post fiction, of any kind (provided it's PG13 ^^) in the story section. The mature topics section, meanwhile, is a great place to brush up on persuasive writing.

Anyway, that was a really good introduction post, I hope you'll be posting at least once in a while

~~Near

p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    I seek to never offend, if at all possible.
    A noble endeavour, but sadly not something that is possible. Not a bad goal to strive for, I guess.

こんいちわ、リバーさん。リバーさんは日本語をわかりますよ!うれしいです。

I'm a Slytherin, actually! But don't worry, I'm not a Death Eater ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    A noble endeavour, but sadly not something that is possible. Not a bad goal to strive for, I guess.
    Indeed, this is why I said 'if possible', for so often it is not.

In any case, thank you for the welcome, and I hope to see you around the forum as well

--Corrine

Welcome to ADISC. If I were to put myself in a house, it would be a toss-up between every house, except Hufflepuff. I'm definitely lazy. No one and nothing can get me to work hard unless I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Hey, I'm a Junior in high school. I'm a bit on the sarcastic side at times, but online, I am very goodnatured. Unfortunately, people tend to think that my messages convey some sort of anger, but this is far from the truth. I seek to never offend, if at all possible.

I'm here because I am a(n?) LG.

My main interests are reading, writing, and learning languages. I have loved reading since I was a child, be it fiction or nonfiction. I began writing poetry in the seventh grade, and have since added fiction to my repertoire. Indeed, I primarily delve in short stories and persuasive works now. I have been learning Latin for about four or five years, as with Japanese, though unfortunately I have been slacking with the latter. However, I do often translate things such as lyrics into Latin for fun, and attempt to continue with Japanese. I am also to continue Spanish II next year.

I also love to learn about various sciences, such as psychology, and am a Harry Potter nut.

I'm not sure why I originally signed up for this site. It was probably around the same time I signed up for TBN and was searching for acceptance. I have found some measure of peace within myself then.
    I am honestly only introducing myself now because the site won't let me read any more threads on the 'completed stories' topic until I have done so. I love stories!

Thank you for reading, and I hope you all have a fantastic February,
    Corrine
    Hello and welcome! I don't know how "into" Japanese you are, but have you ever looked at JET? One of my dear friends spent a year in rural Japan teaching English to elementary school aged children. Her minor in college was Asian studies, as well. I mostly throw it out there as a conversation point.

ironfox

Hello there and welcome to ADISC. If I may ask what specifically about psychology interests you in it?.

ToddlerTommy

Awesome introduction!

I am not much into writing, and reading tends to make my eyes hurt, but I do LOVE stories. I have fallen in love with audio books, and I especially loved the Harry Potter series. I had never really thought of what house I would belong to, but if I had to guess off the top of my head, I would say Ravenclaw. It's PODCAST time, good readers, you know the ones that enunciate well and have multiple voices, and ABDL Stories... that would be awesome! CRIB CAST? hmm...

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx
    Hello and welcome! I don't know how "into" Japanese you are, but have you ever looked at JET? One of my dear friends spent a year in rural Japan teaching English to elementary school aged children. Her minor in college was Asian studies, as well. I mostly throw it out there as a conversation point.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I actually have looked into JET, because I was searching for 'go abroad' programmes. However, I decided that it would be closer to my interests to just do a study-abroad programme in college, and see where that goes. I want to be a translator, you see, not a teacher, though teaching can always be a fall-back if it is not too difficult to obtain a license.
    Out of curiosity, did she like JET?

Quote Originally Posted by ironfox View Post
    Hello there and welcome to ADISC. If I may ask what specifically about psychology interests you in it?.
    Oh, I just love sciences in general, but psychology and sociology particularly intrigue me. I haven't studied particularly in-depth, but I loved taking the "intro to psych/soc" course at my school, and I used to always focus on social reactions when I studied plagues/pandemics (yes, I was a morbid child XD).

I just like seeing how people work, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    'Ello. I remember seeing you on TBN before, no stalker.
    I'm sorry. I was kind of ... well, I don't know how to put it lightly. I came off as a wanker on TBN. I went back and winced at half my comments and their reactions on that site, and I have since quit it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerTommy View Post
    Awesome introduction!

I am not much into writing, and reading tends to make my eyes hurt, but I do LOVE stories. I have fallen in love with audio books, and I especially loved the Harry Potter series. I had never really thought of what house I would belong to, but if I had to guess off the top of my head, I would say Ravenclaw. It's PODCAST time, good readers, you know the ones that enunciate well and have multiple voices, and ABDL Stories... that would be awesome! CRIB CAST? hmm...
    Thanks, Tommy. And also, a podcast sounds like a really cool idea.

Personally, I would find it fun to record myself reading an ABDL story, but I would be awful at it. I had a stutter for many years of my life (more than half, at this point), and it tends to come back here and there during a stressful situation. Which, of course, makes me more stressed.

Crib Cast is an excellent use of alliteration. I applaud you.
    Last edited by PrincenRoo; 21-Feb-2011 at 20:56. Reason: Forgot something

Caleb

I'm a junior in high school, too!

By the way, I'm a Ravenclaw

Welcome to ADISC! I enjoy writing, too