Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eww dammit >.<

Default Eww dammit >.<

I wondered why there was a cold patch on my bed, I thought i had leaked or something so I got up to check it out...I found that my diaper had burst and the gel stuff is EVERYWHERE.

God, i can't do much about it now. I've just stripped my bed and stuffed the sheets under my bed for now. Thankfully, it wasn't full of pee, it was just water ^^;

Anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

One time I was stabbing one with a knife and trying to shake out the sandy stuff inside them but all I did was end up getting a bunch of it in the carpet. I'm afraid to bring drinks in that area of my room now :V

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    One time I was stabbing one with a knife and trying to shake out the sandy stuff inside them but all I did was end up getting a bunch of it in the carpet. I'm afraid to bring drinks in that area of my room now :V
    I hope it wasn't while you were IN it, lol. Just kidding, I am sure you weren't. But, next time you are alone, go ahead and put a little bit of water on that area. Maybe we t a rag and wipe it over that area. The absorbent polymers will swell up just as they do in a diaper, and then it will be easier to vacuum up.

I have experience a diaper leaking the absorbent polymers before, but it has always been because the inner lining tore and the gel stuff leaked out. I even tried one time to actually get a diaper to burst. I was in a shower with a diaper on, and got is like,,SUPER soaked, and then sat down in the tub, and the outer plastic never burst or tore open. But the inner lining torn open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyatto View Post
    I wondered why there was a cold patch on my bed, I thought i had leaked or something so I got up to check it out...I found that my diaper had burst and the gel stuff is EVERYWHERE.

God, i can't do much about it now. I've just stripped my bed and stuffed the sheets under my bed for now. Thankfully, it wasn't full of pee, it was just water ^^;

Anyone else had anything similar happen to them?
    Putting water in your diaper is a pretty fool proof way to make it burst. If your in a good one, and using it what it's intended for. You should not really have any problems before you actually want to get changed.

Well, at least it was water and you don't have to worry about the smell of old pee.

I had a dog steal a peed in baby diaper out of the trash can and shake the polymer out all over the house. The stuff was from one end of the house to the other. Luckily it was pretty easy to vacuum and the dog didn't eat the polymer. He ran through the house just shaking the hell out of the diaper. It would have been hilarious if it didn't require clean-up! All I could think of to say at the time was: "At least it wasn't poo."

I want to say some common salt makes SAP release the water it's holding. I'd just try to get it all off your sheets into a trash bad then worry about cleaning the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Putting water in your diaper is a pretty fool proof way to make it burst. If your in a good one, and using it what it's intended for. You should not really have any problems before you actually want to get changed.
    Yea, it doesn't help that the brand i was using isn't particularly brilliant either >.<

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I want to say some common salt makes SAP release the water it's holding. I'd just try to get it all off your sheets into a trash bad then worry about cleaning the sheet.
    Oh right, didn't know about the salt thing. I'll give that a try if theres some I can't get off ^.^ Thanks.

That actually happened to me Friday night. I was using one of the original white GNs, and wet it/moved around too much, so it tore on the inside where the liner meets the leak guard. I didn't realize it until I got out of bed and left a mess of gel everywhere, lol.

He he silly people over wetting little diapers :p

I liked babydry/goodnites for a time but since I switched to depends fitted max I haven't had any of these annoying problems even if I put 24oz of water into it to make it swell up. It's nice to have them actually fit correctly too.

^ I do agree somewhat, especially after trying abena m4s and dry 24/7s, which I have never had leak or explode on me. I do still like to wear goodnites occasionally though, even though you have to be careful with them.