Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushie Wednesday *working title*

Default Plushie Wednesday *working title*

As was briefly touched on in an earlier thread, I'm in favor of starting another monthly event, an as yet unnamed celebration of our little plush friends. A day where those who choose will go about their day to day routine, but with one of their plushies in tow. A kind of "bring your child to work" day.
    Originally I felt that the 15th of each month would work out, but after some checking, there is a high probability of conflict with 'Doodle Tuesday', so, in the name of well placed events, I think the last Wednesday of each month would be far better suited.
    Input is appreciated, and to a certain degree needed, since I'm not quite sure how to set up a recurring event on the calendar.

Plushie Wednesday
    Last edited by Zedd; 19-Feb-2011 at 08:51.

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
    I'm not quite sure how to set up a recurring event on the calendar.
    Its quite easy. You just go to create an event in the calendar, There are then 3 tabs going along the top of the calendar box. Just click the Recurring Event, And it will ask you how often you want it.

After that, Just put a quick description in it, then post a link back on here

Damn kids and your technological know-how....*shakes fist*

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
    Damn kids and your technological know-how....*shakes fist*
    ...and your Millenium Items, and your card games, and your loud music, and your Hula Hoops, and your Hopscotch, and your dungarees, and your lollipops, and your Sony Playstations, and your voice-activated lightswitches, and your leather pants, and your artificial insemination, and your blu-ray discs, and your pierced scrotums, and your bullfrogs, and your telekenesis, and your Marvel comics, and your Youtube.com, and your nuclear physics, and your ingrowing toenails, and your Gears of War, and your Quentin Tarantino, and your power steering, and your elevators, and your illegitimate offspring.....Hey, why did it face to black? Am I dead?

No, gramps, it's just the end of the movie.

Oh, fiddlesticks.

Sorry. Couldn't resist a setup like that.

Sounds like a great idea. I'm tempted to hide my small plush Cthuluh in my coat pocket and bring him to work....do you think that there are any Health & Safety rules that cover bringing an ageless, indestructible, soul-swallowing monster to work?
    Last edited by Akastus; 19-Feb-2011 at 15:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    After that, Just put a quick description in it, then post a link back on here
    Done and done, see OP for link

It's too dusty where I work. I wouldn't want my poor Tiggy to get the sneezles. Plus, how in the world would I explain it to my co-workers? A plush appreciation day is certainly a good idea, but I just don't know about taking it to work.

I could get on board with this. chances are I would be in a class or something. I would love to have my dalmation with me!

-Ron

Carrying a plushie around is not really practical for many. I've only had one job out of nine where it might have been possible. All others were either too messy, lacked personal space to put things, and/or had untrustworthy coworkers. I think it would be best to expand the nature of the day beyond just bringing you plushie around with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BruanHam View Post
    Carrying a plushie around is not really practical for many. I've only had one job out of nine where it might have been possible. All others were either too messy, lacked personal space to put things, and/or had untrustworthy coworkers. I think it would be best to expand the nature of the day beyond just bringing you plushie around with you.
    As this is still a work in progress, any ideas on how to make this work will be looked at. We've still got three days until the first observance, and with any luck we can work out the kinks.

Aaaaw man I'd love to do this... can't tho :c
    Have schools on Wednesday, and I'm not the kinda person who'll just be ignored if I bring mine.
    Even if I wanted to bring him, there no room in my backpack for the lil' guy.
    Dunt want my little moo cow to be smushed x.x

Great idea tho :3