Thread: German site

Default German site

SaveExpress | Sanitaetsfachhandel Save Express Oliver Weidlich Sanitaetshaus

I found this site (most likely from another thread I must admit) and they ship to the US. I really like a lot of the things that they have, but am not sure if it is a good idea to buy from them.

Has anyone used this site before? Are they reliable?

Yes, I've used them before and have no complaints about their service. That siad, be forewarned that shipping to the US will be as much, if not more, than the diapers themselves. If you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars to get a few bags of (awesome) European diapers, then, by all means, order away!

Long established company well known in the community, and excellent range of diapers. Discrete packaging, and often they'll thrown in a free sample of something too. Only problem being is shipping if you don't live in Germany.

I have ordered from them many times shipping to UK, back when their prices + shipping and factoring exchange rates made it same or cheaper than UK prices including UK VAT. However there are places doing some of the popular stuff like Tena in bulk at cheap prices in the UK now.

Don't forget there are some handy guides in the Wiki including various stores to choose from...

Ordering online - ADISC Wiki
    Getting diapers - ADISC Wiki

Peachy

If you can afford the shipping costs for it, then go for it. Otherwise, I can fully recommend them. You can even pop into their store in suburban Hamburg if you're in the area (every one in a blue moon, they have special events there too).

Peachy

I can't believe their diaper section, but I am more interested in their clothing section. They have back zip pajamas and romper style underwear that looks great.

Has anyone tried their pajamas or coveralls?

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    (every one in a blue moon, they have special events there too)
    What kind of "special events"?

Last time I visited the shop it was the summer of 2008, I still haven't gone through all of the diapers I bought but wouldn't mind to go back there and have a look at what's new (i.e. I still haven't tried the new Abena M4's, as I have a good stock of the "old" x-pluses).

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    What kind of "special events"?

Last time I visited the shop it was the summer of 2008, I still haven't gone through all of the diapers I bought but wouldn't mind to go back there and have a look at what's new (i.e. I still haven't tried the new Abena M4's, as I have a good stock of the "old" x-pluses).
    I heard they had some sort of "Moonlight shopping" event in late 2009, where they opened late and provided snacks and let people try out stuff.

I can reccomend them too, they have been around for a long long time and ive had no problems using them. I havent tried the clothes but may well do one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    they opened late and provided snacks and let people try out stuff.
    It's the "try out stuff" part that sounds a bit... awkward - although interesting...

I'd be really curious to know how it worked, the idea of people trying out diapers like clothes in a boutique looks so "unconventional"!!
    Last edited by quattrus; 20-Feb-2011 at 16:34.

I tried to post a reply and deleted my reply, ugh. Okay, I have used ordered twice now and this company is very good to shop with. Smooth transactions and no complaints. The Tena slip supers are nice but i will definitely go with the slip maxi next time. Its definitely worth the money. If you can buy alot and its worth it. Price of diapers is great, shipping may be pricey but well worth it. I will be ordering from this place many more times.

Peachy, You said theres a place in Hamburg? Is this where a Army base is? I may be accepting a job over there and if so this will be a big bonus for me : ).

great company and great diapers!