Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting Input Regarding Chorophyll Tablets

Default Requesting Input Regarding Chorophyll Tablets

As the title suggests, for years I've contemplated using an odor reducing tablet to mask the smell of my bm's. This all stems from my IBS attacks and regular bowel accidents. I've messed myself countless (thousands) of times during my life and it's never an easy thing to deal with. It's hard to empathize with if you haven't had this problem. Talk about feeling like a baby. There are a lot of times when I really don't want to drop a load in my diaper, but it happens. Yesterday was one such time.

I hosted an annual work meeting yesterday and spent about two hours giving a presentation to about 30 people. After the meeting, I had a one-on-one meeting with an important attendee. About 30 minutes later he left the room and I went to gather my things. My bowels immediately erupted and I did not even expect it. No warning. Damn it. Now I had a dirty diaper in an office building and needed to change before the smell overwhelmed everything. Again, usually not an easy thing to deal with, especially when away from home.

So, I'm thinking about giving chlorophyll tablets (like Nullo) a go. Never tried it before, but I'm told it will make my feces green and, of course, not smell too much. Anyone ever try this? Input would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by Spaz; 20-Feb-2011 at 01:10.

I have tryed them and still use them they do help but do not eliminate the problem entirely. You can buy them at the health stores and are much cheaper than nullo. I get mine from GNC.
    hope this helpfull, and bet of luck.

Hey, thanks catman. I guess not a lot of folks on here have a need for odor suppression. I saw that adultclothdiaper.com is selling an alternative to chlorophyll tablets. Some kind of mushroom extract formula that's supposed to reduce odors. Anyway, I may try something like this.

I've been considering this myself due to my own IBS problems recenty getting worse, so I can sympathise, however I'm afraid im just in here for the same information as I have no experiece with these either.

My concern would be that they may work by destroying either intestinal or bowel bacteria. I believe you need these bacteria for digestion. I don't know if it would effect how you absorbed nutrients, so I would check with a doctor to be on the safe side. I know that chlorine is one of the best chemicals to kill both bacteria and viruses, so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I know that chlorine is one of the best chemicals to kill both bacteria and viruses, so be careful.
    Chlorophyll, not chlorine

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Chlorophyll, not chlorine
    Haha....okay, I'm an idiot! Damn fucking plants. They do this deliberately to make it seem like I'm stupid. I just investigated and found out that Chlorophyll is similar to human blood except it uses magnesium instead of iron. It's here, in order to save face, I have to say....but magnesium can burn at a horrible temperature. Anyway, they said it's an anti-oxidant, and actually is effective in wound care, as it encourages new tissue grow. So if you're out of kleenex, just get some Chlorophyll and grow your own tissue.

Point, when I die I'm willing you my brain. It should be good as plant fertilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Talk about feeling like a baby. There are a lot of times when I really don't want to drop a load in my diaper, but it happens. Yesterday was one such time.
    So, I'm thinking about giving chlorophyll tablets (like Nullo) a go. Never tried it before, but I'm told it will make my feces green and, of course, not smell too much. Anyone ever try this? Input would be very helpful. Thanks.
    From one of my favorite sites: http://www.healthcentral.com/incontinence
    * Deodorizing tablets, such as Derifil, Nullo, Devrom, and Chlorofresh can be taken by mouth or used in appliances. Most contain chlorophyll.
    * Taking an alfalfa pill four times a day may reduce odor, and is not believed to interfere with any other medications. Alfalfa is a common grass and some people with seasonal allergies may experience an allergic reaction. Talk to your doctor before taking any type of supplement.
    * Drinking more water, not less, will also reduce odors. Drinking more water may actually help reduce leakage, too.
    * To remove odors from mattresses, some experts recommend a solution of equal parts vinegar to water. Once the mattress has dried, baking soda can be applied on the stain, rubbed in, and then vacuumed off.

Side effects:
    Nullo - from nullo.com - Infrequently, diarrhea or cramping may be experienced. A slight greening of the stool may be noticed, which is completely harmless.
    Devrom - from devrom.com - Temporary side effects include darkening of the stool and tongue which is harmless and temporary.
    Chlorofresh - myvitanet.com - Possible side effects of overdose would include diarrhea, and possibly green feces and urine. The dark green color comes from the sodium copper chlorophyllin in this product.
    Alfalfa - webmd.com - Alfalfa is used for kidney conditions, bladder and prostate conditions, and to increase urine flow. Side effects you need to read HERE - ALFALFA

Personally I use/d alfalfa and flaxseed. It did help but I only do that around the times I 'need to'.
    ***I will say this tho... and I'm dead serious - My uncle started to give me a certain mushroom and it's absolutely amazing how much it has helped in several areas! I am saving the actual details for a later post when I reach the 3 month mark. I want to see if it is just temporary or actually 'more permanent'***

It's here, in order to save face, I have to say....but magnesium can burn at a horrible temperature.
    Sooo, what you're saying is keep open flames away from the intestines? I agree - good advice! hehehehe

Point, when I die I'm willing you my brain. It should be good as plant fertilizer.
    I'll pickle it so that they can make a Magic School Bus episode about it. Then put the jar on a shelf, label it "#1", and get apprehended by the police for trying to be a mad scientist.