Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Paranoid

Default Not Paranoid

I don't know how this happened, but I'm just not nearly as paranoid about being an adult baby as I used to be. Just a year ago I would have never imagined going to work wearing a diaper, but I did just that last week and I felt wonderful and empowered the whole time. My work involves a lot of moving around, directing a crew of technicians, and a lot of bending over (literally... non sexual like). I don't really understand it, but I had this attitude that if my diaper was discovered, I really didn't care. I wore a cushie with a mega booster and nursery print plastic pants, clearly tempting fate. It was a long day (12 hours) so I had to change myself once as well. I was able to find a family bathroom at the site to do this, but I had no idea before hand that such a facility would be available. I've read a number of posts recommending extreme caution in these public endeavors, but seriously, no one notices except yourself. All that paranoia and fear is manufactured by you and you only. No one else around you has a clue, so I say go enjoy yourself wherever you want.

Try take your paci and everythig will turn to the hell. This is what sometimes get me sad, because sometimes I want my paci and canīt take it, because someneīs around.

Think though, if the wrong kind of person DOES find out, not because they're looking for it, but because your being careless, they'll tell people and at least some of those people will tell other people and suddenly your in quite the mess. And who knows where that would lead, what if your boss was to find out? They could take it as an 'incident', rather than something innocent.

I'm just saying it's definitely possible, discretion should still be maintained. Life before diapers...

Quote Originally Posted by squash View Post
    I don't know how this happened, but I'm just not nearly as paranoid about being an adult baby as I used to be. Just a year ago I would have never imagined going to work wearing a diaper, but I did just that last week and I felt wonderful and empowered the whole time. My work involves a lot of moving around, directing a crew of technicians, and a lot of bending over (literally... non sexual like). I don't really understand it, but I had this attitude that if my diaper was discovered, I really didn't care. I wore a cushie with a mega booster and nursery print plastic pants, clearly tempting fate. It was a long day (12 hours) so I had to change myself once as well. I was able to find a family bathroom at the site to do this, but I had no idea before hand that such a facility would be available. I've read a number of posts recommending extreme caution in these public endeavors, but seriously, no one notices except yourself. All that paranoia and fear is manufactured by you and you only. No one else around you has a clue, so I say go enjoy yourself wherever you want.
    There's a lot of truth in this post. I used to be super cautious, worrying that people would hear every crinkle. Later, I got bold enough to wet in public. I got more comfortable from there.

A few years ago, I was on my way to a diaper party, and I got stopped for a search at the Canadian border. I had a case of Bambinos, my stroller, onesies, a paci, basically a full compliment of aby stuff in the car. After three hours with Canadian border guards, I thought I was going to die, but you know what? I didn't. The border guards basically told me they search thousands of cars per day (Detroit to Windsor via the Ambassador Bridge). They've seen it all, and they didn't terribly care what I did in my personal life, as long as I was honest with them (I had kinda fibbed about where I was going because I didn't want them to find out).

A couple of weeks ago, I was literally grocery shopping while sucking my paci. I keep one in my car, and I had a bad day at work. I went straight to the store so I could buy a couple things I needed to make dinner, and I didn't want to take out my paci. So I didn't. And yeah, I did get some odd looks, as the store was full (everyone grocery shops right after work), but I wasn't stopping them from buying their groceries or taking their money, so fuck 'em.

Here's the thing-just walking around a store or at work, if you're wearing a diaper, no one's going to catch you. If you get caught by border guards, you'll have some questions to answer, but diapers aren't illegal, so although I guarantee the American guards would give you a real bad time, they have no cause to arrest you or anything like that. And, dirty looks are not the end of the world. So you know what? Go live your life! If that means you want to wear a diaper, then do it.

I wear at work occasionally, usually if I'm mostly alone in the office on the weekend. I do however wear to school all the time.

I've read a number of posts recommending extreme caution in these public endeavors, but seriously, no one notices except yourself. All that paranoia and fear is manufactured by you and you only. No one else around you has a clue, so I say go enjoy yourself wherever you want.
    You don't know that no one noticed -- you simply weren't approached by anyone. Sure, this could indicate that you went undetected, by the situation is consistent with people noticing but having the etiquette to not rudely out you then and there, or feeling too uncomfortable to say anything.

In reality, people sometimes do notice, and sometimes they don't even say anything. In fact, some time over the summer I remember a thread from someone who discovered that his friends had all known for a long time, but never said anything out of respect for him.

The strength of your argument against paranoia doesn't rest in the fact that no one noticed, it rests in the fact that if one accepts that the world won't fall apart if one's coworkers/friends/peers find out about one's diaper wearing (in all but a few cases), one can go about wearing in public without fear. But if one's situation is such that discovery would lead to shunning, prejudice, loss of employment, etc. (high school, Christmas dinner with your gf's parents), one should exercise due discretion or even avoid wearing in public altogether. It really all depends on how comfortable you are with other people knowing and what the ramifications of other people knowing might be.

Slim you are right, it is my new found self confidence which is the engineer in charge of this recent experience. I'm sure, as you pointed out, that if anyone did notice my diaper they'd have assumed a medical issue of some sort and said nothing of it. I should have titled the thread "No longer care if people know I'm wearing a diaper". Can I still change it?

I do believe based on some of what I've been reading here and my own limited experience that we tend to be more anxious of being found out than is necessary. Mind you I mean found out as diaper-wearer not a diaper-lover. Being identified as a diaper-lover and/or adult baby respects an elevated caution to be sure.

Being identified as a diaper-lover and/or adult baby respects an elevated caution to be sure.
    Considerably less than you'd think, actually. Granted, I'm not about to tell my co-workers that I'm "into" diapers, but 90 percent of my friends know that I'm an ABDL, and I've not lost one friend out of the deal. My family doesn't know, but I'm 29 and own my own house, so I don't really need to worry about getting caught by my parents. If, by some random chance, they decided to start rampaging through my closets and found my stuff, well, that'd be their own damn fault for snooping. They know everything else about me (I was doped up on morphine and my parents were in the hospital room when they sent over the "social worker" to start asking me really intrusive personal questions they should not have been asking me. I don't really remember answering, but my BF tells me I consented and then was completely honest), so at that point, if they went snooping I wouldn't lie about it.

Seriously, the whole getting caught thing is only as big a deal as you make it.

I wish to be rich and famous enough to have paparazzi follow me and "accidentally" "let" them take a picture of me in a diaper so then things would get CRAZY. I'd love to go on a TV show to talk about that and say, "I'm rich, I'm set for life. What do i care what people think of me? If you have enough time to be worried about what I'm doing then you should either A. Be as rich as me or B. attempting to get rich. cause if your not, your wasting your time worrying about me instead of your quality of living. =D"

Well, I am not paranoid when travelling. I go out in diapers when I am abroad or in another town, I dispose of the wet diapers to the bin in the hotel room but I am very paranoid about my family. Nobody but me and one profi dom knows about my fetsih and I want to keep it like that. So, when alone at home, I wear and use my diapers, but I never dispose of them to our privat container, I take them with me and stop somewhere to get rid of them.
    MS
    BTW : Being paranoid doesn't mean that they are not after you.