Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I try now?

Default What should I try now?

I am almost out of depends fitted max so I was wondering what I should try with my next batch of diapers? I am currently looking for actual adult diapers that I can use as opposed to goodnites or the like which I feel uncomfortable wetting due to experiencing leaks in the past.

1. What kind of diaper should I try that I can find in a drugstore

2. What kind of diaper would you have recommend if I were to order online.

Still not sure what I want to do yet but I'm down to 3 depends so I'd rather have a plan and put the order in before I feel the urge to binge again.

Thanks =)

Cherub

Well, as far as widely available diapers in a pharmacy goes, you can try the Walgreen's brand of diaper called Certainty. They are on par with Depends, but a little but better. But they do have that cloth-like backing to them. But if you want to wear out in public discreetly, then those will fill the bill nicely.

As for on-line orders, I would recommend trying the Abena X-plus. Try at least a single package, you don't have to go hog wild and order an entire case of them.

I would also try looking up HDIS online and ordering their sample pack. It will cost less than the average package of diaper,and you get like 2 of each kind, with about 4 or 5 different brands of diapers to try out. That sample variety pack is for the exact reason of your post,,,,to decide what brand and style you will like.

good luck!

xpmedical has pretty good diapers. Try Molicare/Abena M4s. You know, the good stuff

Depends are the only diaper-like product I have reliably found for purchase in stores. If you look around for more dedicated pharmacies or medical supply places, you might find Molicares or Tenas but they aren't too easy to come by. The Tenas I have seen for store purchase have been Supers that have a cloth-like cover, which may or not matter to you. If I were inclined to like that kind of thing, I'd buy more since for the price, they were a very absorbant product.

For ordering online, it's the same answer as always in no particular order: Secure X-Plus/Bambinos, Abena 4s, and Dry 24/7s are all top of the line high capacity diapers. If you want something a little more discreet, Secure has a lower capacity diaper that is better than Depends but not so extreme as the above (Secure Plus). In the case of Abena and Dry 24/7, you can obtain those from other vendors, I just grabbed XP Medical for convenience sake and because I had a good experience ordering from them. They also have Molicares, which should probably also be on the list of high end diapers. I could tell you which I prefer but I find that while you can argue in the abstract about certain features, a preference for a diaper winds up being very personal. Those are all good products but which would end up being your favorite is impossible to tell.

I'm not sure that I need too much absorbency as I don't normally have the time window to stay diapered all day. Mainly looking for something that fits well and feels good right now.

Depends are fine since it's the best I've had so far but judging from what people on this site say they are on the low end as far as diapers are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I'm not sure that I need too much absorbency as I don't normally have the time window to stay diapered all day. Mainly looking for something that fits well and feels good right now.

Depends are fine since it's the best I've had so far but judging from what people on this site say they are on the low end as far as diapers are concerned.
    I think it's fun to try new products but if you're happy with Depends, don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't be. I've tried all the ones I listed in my post before and I still buy Depends. They are not my favorite but they fill a niche in my range of available diapers. I find them to be just fine for when I want a short-term diaper and don't want to feel like I wasted one that's pricey.

I should say CVS generic which is the same as walgreens. better then depends

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    I should say CVS generic which is the same as walgreens. better then depends
    Does those two also have 6 tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Does those two also have 6 tapes?
    no they have 4 but there like velcro so you can reseal them like 50 times and it works better.

AndrewThatsMyName

No matter how much absorbancy you need, Abena M4s are the way too Go! VERY thick and Very comfortable