Thread: Hello ADISC

Default Hello ADISC

Hi Guys,

So after much lurking, I guess it's time I make an introduction. It definitely feels weird putting myself out there and saying, "hey this is part of who I am". I've made considerable efforts to keep this part of myself as unshared as possible, so this whole intro thing, as I said, feels odd.

I've been DL since I was about 11 or so. My mom ran a daycare and we lived on the second floor, above it. It's fairly straightforward how I came into liking diapers.

I've had difficult moments with the whole thing, particularly having been outed by my step-mom in front of my family and a slew of shrinks, calling me 'sick, and 'ill'. After this, I made sure to keep this part of my life a closely guarded secret.

I recently shared this with my amazingly encouraging GF, who is totally down to let me wear again. Since then, I've been exploring this area of my life with refreshed eyes and a huge weight off my shoulders.

Right now, I'm in between careers, in school (and totally paid), from being a burnt-out tech to hopefully a good machinist.
    I'm also a new-ish dad, which has been nothing but total joy, save for the 4AM parties.

I had found this forum through searches many moons ago but was always afraid of going more public. I'm glad that there's a large community that's open to share their experiences and support with others.

So yea, I guess this can be taken as an intro, but mostly a long overdue thank you to people posting, for making me and others out there feeling more normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mondofritz View Post
    Hi Guys,

So after much lurking, I guess it's time I make an introduction. It definitely feels weird putting myself out there and saying, "hey this is part of who I am". I've made considerable efforts to keep this part of myself as unshared as possible, so this whole intro thing, as I said, feels odd.

I've been DL since I was about 11 or so. My mom ran a daycare and we lived on the second floor, above it. It's fairly straightforward how I came into liking diapers.

I've had difficult moments with the whole thing, particularly having been outed by my step-mom in front of my family and a slew of shrinks, calling me 'sick, and 'ill'. After this, I made sure to keep this part of my life a closely guarded secret.

I recently shared this with my amazingly encouraging GF, who is totally down to let me wear again. Since then, I've been exploring this area of my life with refreshed eyes and a huge weight off my shoulders.

Right now, I'm in between careers, in school (and totally paid), from being a burnt-out tech to hopefully a good machinist.
    I'm also a new-ish dad, which has been nothing but total joy, save for the 4AM parties.

I had found this forum through searches many moons ago but was always afraid of going more public. I'm glad that there's a large community that's open to share their experiences and support with others.

So yea, I guess this can be taken as an intro, but mostly a long overdue thank you to people posting, for making me and others out there feeling more normal.
    Well, I'm glad we've been able to help, and I hope we can continue to help! Also, it sounds like your GF is a keeper!!

I'm guessing that new kid and classes pretty much eat all your time these days, but when you do get a chance, what sorts of things do you do for fun?

Welcome aboard!

Hahaha yeah she is totally a keeper.

For fun, when I have a little time, I usually sit down to watch Top Gear or Community. I live in the country, so once the weather improves I'd love to take on a few projects, building a chicken coop and maybe planting some fruits and veggies. I'm into unprocessed, natural diets, raw dairy, and a less hectic pace in life. I'm a bit of a car nut and love ogling at some of the car blogs out there. And yes, I am of the opinion that cars stopped being great somewhere in the mid to late 90s.

Early last year I gave myself the goal of going through at least one non-fiction book a month, mostly in the form of audiobooks, which works out quite well with my 3-4 hour daily commute. I actually just finished one today, The Millionaire Mind, which talks about the thought process and behavior patterns of millionaires. I had read The Millionaire Next Door (an earlier book by the same author, which goes over the statistical data on a survey of over 1,000 millionaires), so I wanted to give the follow up book a try. Both are phenomenal books, they will completely turn upside down your preconceptions of the wealthy.

I must sound like an incredibly dry person, but reading this kind of stuff has given me lots of hope (which is something I think we don't realize we need until we get some) and tons of inspiration.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm more than happy to help with what I can, I'm a pretty good tech and have been known to some friends as a fairly decent financial coach.

Hahaha yeah she is totally a keeper.

For fun, when I have a little time, I usually sit down to watch Top Gear or Community. I live in the country, so once the weather improves I'd love to take on a few projects, building a chicken coop and maybe planting some fruits and veggies. I'm into unprocessed, natural diets, raw dairy, and a less hectic pace in life. I'm a bit of a car nut and love ogling at some of the car blogs out there. And yes, I am of the opinion that cars stopped being great somewhere in the mid to late 90s.

Early last year I gave myself the goal of going through at least one non-fiction book a month, mostly in the form of audiobooks, which works out quite well with my 3-4 hour daily commute. I actually just finished one today, The Millionaire Mind, which talks about the thought process and behavior patterns of millionaires. I had read The Millionaire Next Door (an earlier book by the same author, which goes over the statistical data on a survey of over 1,000 millionaires), so I wanted to give the follow up book a try. Both are phenomenal books, they will completely turn upside down your preconceptions of the wealthy.

I must sound like an incredibly dry person, but reading this kind of stuff has given me lots of hope (which is something I think we don't realize we need until we get some) and tons of inspiration.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm more than happy to help with what I can, I'm a pretty good tech and have been known to some friends as a fairly decent financial coach.
    You're a car guy and a fan of Top Gear? You've just made a new friend! I'll disagree that cars stopped being good in the '90s, but there really was about a decade of really bland really bad cars, and it's only over the last five or so years that we've started recovering from that. Honestly, the 5th Gen Malibu? WTF!?!? Do you ever post over on Jalopnik?

Speaking of cars, any favourites? Any "wish list" cars? Anything in your garage that's awesome? Personally, I'm a Lincoln guy. Last year, my BF and I bought a 1978 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe that's in awesome condition. It's so much fun to drive! It's seriously like driving your couch down the freeway on a cloud! Actually, the two "wish list" cars that I would put above my Continental are a '60s suicide-door Continental, but the top of the list is a 1956 Continental Mark II. Last November, I saw a 1967 Continental, the last year of the suicide doors, in midnight blue with a white leather interior, and a CONVERTIBLE. I was seriously considering selling a kidney to find the money!

Speaking of money, those books you mentioned sound interesting. I might have to check those out at some point.

I read Jalopnik regularly, but I find TTAC much more enjoyable. Murilee left Jalopnik for TTAC not that long ago. One of the Niedermeyers does automotive OpEd pieces for a fancy newspaper when not writing for TTAC, too.

I'm a huge fan of Citroens from the 60s 70s and 80s, particularly the SM and DS. If I ever can, I'll get two, so I can drive one while the other one is in the shop fixing whatever has recently broken. I'm also a fan of 60s and older Buicks. Gas up here has been hovering close to 1.26/liter, or somewhere close enough to $4.00/gallon, so driving a boat up here can get ugly fast. Until I actually have enough money to make my transport costs inconsequential, we have a (paid for) 2003 Sunfire sedan. From what I understand, it's a Canada special, these guys were never sold in the US market.

Jesus, gas is back up to 1.26 up there ($4.80ish per US gallon)? We're still floating right around $3.00 per U.S. gallon here in the D if you pay with cash in the city. If you use a credit card in the burbs it's about $3.25. And the Canadian dollar is only good for 99 cents US!

That would make the single-digit-per-gallon Lincoln almost undrivable!

I can't say I'm all that familiar with Citroens at all. I don't know if they were ever sold here at all, but if they were I've never seen or heard of one. Speaking of old Buicks, one of my uncles has a 195x that was spirited away from one of the GM test facilities. It's the body of a '50, but has bits on it that are date-coded as '50 but match designs as late as '54. Of course, some of that could be puffery, but it's a neat old car either way!

And a Sunfire sedan? Yikes!

sunfire was free. all i have to pay is gas and insurance. cheap to run, cheap to fix, cheap to own. that's what I need.

Citroens were totally totally insane, man! They really did some wild engineering stuff, back in the 50s and 60s, stuff that is still luxo territory today. suspension and brakes was run with hydraulics, you could raise the cars quite high or have them sled low. They had headlights that were linked to the steering, so they would rotate with the wheels to give you a better view. And man, were they ever beautiful! Have a look when you get a chance, check out youtube for the CX, C6, SM and DS (my favourite). Truly elegant cars. TG did some reviews on them too.

We live fairly close to the border, so we've been into the habit lately of going to Plattsburgh to do our grocery runs (a pint of haagen dasz is over $6 here, to give you an idea) on the cheap and to fill up on the cheap.

sunfire was free. all i have to pay is gas and insurance. cheap to run, cheap to fix, cheap to own. that's what I need.

Citroens were totally totally insane, man! They really did some wild engineering stuff, back in the 50s and 60s, stuff that is still luxo territory today. suspension and brakes was run with hydraulics, you could raise the cars quite high or have them sled low. They had headlights that were linked to the steering, so they would rotate with the wheels to give you a better view. And man, were they ever beautiful! Have a look when you get a chance, check out youtube for the CX, C6, SM and DS (my favourite). Truly elegant cars. TG did some reviews on them too.

We live fairly close to the border, so we've been into the habit lately of going to Plattsburgh to do our grocery runs (a pint of haagen dasz is over $6 here, to give you an idea) on the cheap and to fill up on the cheap.
    I realized I forgot to add an emoticon behind the Sunfire comments. But yeah, I'll have to check out the old Citroens. They sound pretty neat.

I'm pretty close to the border here, too (about 15 minutes away from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel), but it's a pain in the ass to cross here because both Detroit-Windsor crossings (Ambassador Bridge and the Tunnel) are super super busy. It's pretty cool that you can cross easily enough to make it worth doing!