Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes a good mommy?

Default What makes a good mommy?

When I was in high school a few years ago, I distinctly remember reading an article/website that had ďrulesĒ for how to be a good mommy. I have not been able to find it so I wanted to ask all of you, what makes a good mommy/daddy?
    I would have to say someone who:
    - checks my diapers often, because I donít always say when Iím wet
    -takes the time to hold and comfort me when I get hurt or am sad
    -tries to teach me how to be a big girl and use the potty, but doesnít get mad when I have accidents
    -gives me lots of juice bottles because Iím a thirsty girl (I live in the desert after all)
    -plays with me and more importantly colors with me
    -breastfeeds me when Iím not feeling well instead of giving me a bottle
    -calls me sweetie, honey, or baby girl because it makes me feel special
    -lets me suck on my thumb or pacifier when I want
    -makes me take a nap every day because I can get cranky
    -punishes me by putting me in time out when Iím naughty
    -buys me lots of toys
    -talks to me like a baby, but doesnít expect me to talk back (Iím a shy 3 year old)
    -lets me feed myself, but helps me on the hard stuff like pudding
    -watches cartoons with me but makes me watch her grown up movies
    -lets my diapers leak so everyone including myself is reminded what a big baby I am

That is certainly an extensive list. And I agree with most of it, but of course all of our fantasies are different. For instance I would NEVER want anyone to see my leaking diapers. I understand that you do and that's okay. But for me, the perfect mommy:
    - NEVER make me use the mean old potty
    - feed me at all times, except for bottles
    - bathe me when I'm dirty ( I LOVE bubbles!)
    - not change me too much, as the wetness of my diapers is paramount to my play
    - hold, cuddle and stroke me when appropriate
    - provide me some sort of sexual release at times
    - babies me only when we are playing, but is an adult companion when we are not
    - leaves me to play by myself sometimes
    - scolds or spanks me when I am a bad boy
    - takes me shopping for baby stuff

These are in addition to some of the attributes that you have mentioned above, but certainly not all of them. I would also like a mommy who could make my baby clothes, as they are so expensive that having a closet full of stuff would put me in the poor house.

This is a good thread, and I hope that others find it and state their preferences.

She would take the D side of BDSM but, without the Sadistic side - domineering but, caring.

Duckie provides a great list of things to do, but for me it's not necessarily what you do - it's how it is done. The really good mommy gets inside my headspace and knows what I need - whether it's being hugged, or being treated gently, or if a little more steel is required.

That is something that is really, really hard to measure in an objective way - but I know when it has happened to me. I have visited people in the past who provided services for ABs; most couldn't do the required empathy. But I've been very fortunate, because I've met three that could, and times with them were very rewarding.

Hugs,

Artie

You guys, this thread makes me feel happy as a caretaker. <3

Here's another question that relates: What does your ideal mommy wear? I only ask so I can get a general idea, as I always imagine mommy-figures dressing femininely and looking kind of old-fashioned.

I don't tell my mommy what to do or how to do it -- she tells me. She is, after all, the mommy in the relationship.

I actually don't feel comfortable calling my SO my mommy, even when she carries out that role. It's mostly because she (and by extension, I) is uncomfortable with the any sort of epithets that might suggest that I'm her son. But she does look after me, so she is, in essence, a "mommy" of sorts.

Getting back to my original point, she calls the shots. She tells me when I'm going to eat, beckons me over to her, fixes my hair. At some point, however, the tables always turn, and I assume the role of caretaker.

In response to Shukkume:
    Skirts, dresses, knee-high socks. In short: pretty things :D

Hugglez

I agree with Artie, its not all about what the caretaker does for you its how he/she does it. Like how my parents might take care of me when I'm sick. They will buy meds and such, but won't show the kind of affection/love that I want and sometimes need. Lately I have been very depressed because of this. I have this ever so growing want for comfort and love from someone in my life.

It may sound odd, but my parents just don't meet the mark. To be honest, I have never felt love from them in my whole life. To be even more honest, the only time I have felt the true feeling of being cared for and loved by someone is from some of the people her on ADISC.

My whole past was filled with not particulary hate, but un-caring feelings. Back to the point though, when someone is caring for you they need to show that they love you and will care for you no matter the situation. They also need to put those feelings into the actions and choices they make, if you know what I mean. A good caretaker (in my opinion) would always keep you by their side, comfort you when you are feeling down/sick, hold you tight when you are scared, give you lots of attention to show you that they care for and love you, etc..

There is much more I could say about what my opinion is in this topic, but its hard for me to talk about it due to my depression over it.

-Hugglez

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post

Here's another question that relates: What does your ideal mommy wear? I only ask so I can get a general idea, as I always imagine mommy-figures dressing femininely and looking kind of old-fashioned.
    Anything that their actual mom doesn't wear. (joking)

Anyways I always thought of them wearing something that's easy to clean/change. Something like ash ketchum's mom. Though I think it has to do more with he hair style too, also her personality is great.

http://www.pokezam.com/anime/characters/delia.jpg

I also like Kanga. though only for her "perfect" style of mothering.

http://www.magicpooh.com/pics/kangaandroo/kangaandroo004.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BabyArtie View Post
    Duckie provides a great list of things to do, but for me it's not necessarily what you do - it's how it is done. The really good mommy gets inside my headspace and knows what I need - whether it's being hugged, or being treated gently, or if a little more steel is required.

That is something that is really, really hard to measure in an objective way - but I know when it has happened to me. I have visited people in the past who provided services for ABs; most couldn't do the required empathy. But I've been very fortunate, because I've met three that could, and times with them were very rewarding.

Hugs,

Artie
    Canīt be written better. Only - Iīm bad boy, so I need a lot of steel. WTF means word "discipline ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post

I always liked the more modern 'dress with apron' kinda thing. Dunno why either, the outfit/look always sticks out in my head. Of course, I just like dresses in general, so something cutesy generally suffices.

As for what I like in a mommy, someone who cares for me, plays with me, watches over me... But for the most part, someone who is there in case I need something or support, but leaves me to my own devices (I'm rather independent when I'm not being clingy and cuddly.)