Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wearing some diapers at the hospital...

clicksurmoi83

Default Wearing some diapers at the hospital...

Is it possible to wear some diapers at the hospital when you 're asleep there for few medicaly days...?how doesn't forget it in this home after your wake-up?

I stayed for a week last year and I didn't bring any. And I wet the bed. All they did was change the sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishHusky View Post
    I stayed for a week last year and I didn't bring any. And I wet the bed. All they did was change the sheets.
    Nurses weren't very bright?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Nurses weren't very bright?
    I did bring it up the first night I was there, Perhaps I just wasn't being clear.

Butterfly Mage

My impression is that hospitals aren't big fans of diapers. They're more likely to implement bed pads or catheters.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    My impression is that hospitals aren't big fans of diapers. They're more likely to implement bed pads or catheters.
    ^^. This. Diapers make a lot more work for already overworked nursing staff. They'd rather do a cath because they can just empty the bag on their rounds.

Peachy

I'd simply refuse a cath, unless it's medically necessary. See how they deal with that.

I told the hospital when I did my pre-op that I was urinary incontinent but it fell on deaf ears. The second day they had to cath me cause I couldn't pee. After the cath came out three days later I told the nurse I neede a diaper. She diapere me but after that I did it myself using diapers I brought with me. The hospital daiper almost leaked.

I was overnight for an emergency last summer. After a crazy night of tests and interviews I finally got into my room at 3:00 am. When the night nurse asked if I needed anything else, I told her I had a problem with bedwetting and that I usually wore protection at night. She said, "Oh, do you want some Chucks?". She came right back with a handful of green disposables. I told her I could put them on myself, and so I did.

I spent the next day getting checked out with dozens more tests, wheeled around from floor to floor on a gurney. I stayed in diapers the whole time - changed myself once or twice. I got a few surprised looks from hospital staff who noticed my diapers during the various examinations, but boy was it fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_L View Post
    I told the hospital when I did my pre-op that I was urinary incontinent but it fell on deaf ears. The second day they had to cath me cause I couldn't pee. After the cath came out three days later I told the nurse I neede a diaper. She diapere me but after that I did it myself using diapers I brought with me. The hospital daiper almost leaked.
    I'm not at all incontinent but I was in the hospital for 3 days about 4 months ago and I experienced the problem of not being able to pee after surgery. It was really not fun. They put in a cath temporarily after I started overflowing but only for about half an hour (they got 1500 ml out of me in 10 minutes!) It was a couple days before everything was back to normal. My poor bladder hurt for at least 2 months after that and still feels tender on occasion.