Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is a good time to tall your girlfriend or boyfriend

Default When is a good time to tall your girlfriend or boyfriend

trying to tall your girlfriend/boyfriend is as scary as buying diapers for the first time. Thing is you never know how he or she well reat to it but I think before you even think about telling your girlfriend/boyfriend you should see how open minded he or she is I think that's the key. If he or she is open minded than you mite have a 50 50 chats of he or she be ok with it. that's what I think how about you.

nimimerkki702

I think you should tell him/her when you are sure that he/she will accept it, or when you are sure that you are close enough with eachother that it won't matter.

*head-desk*

Mods: And we don't have a merged thread on this out of the dozens available as a sticky ... why?

matt1989, are you asking a question or making an assertion? I cannot tell.
    Last edited by h3g3l; 16-Feb-2011 at 03:06. Reason: Making it more clear that the mods need to make this a sticky.

I'm just spicking whats on my mind and I thot it would be a good topick to bring up

OmegaOne

Some good advice I've picked up is that you should only tell when the relationship gets serious - no point telling somebody who you're likely to split up with soon, particularly as if this happens they may be pissed off enough to tell their friends.

thats a good pont thar a x girlfriend talling thar friends would bad.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaOne View Post
    Some good advice I've picked up is that you should only tell when the relationship gets serious - no point telling somebody who you're likely to split up with soon, particularly as if this happens they may be pissed off enough to tell their friends.
    On this topic, wiser words could not have been spoken! However, if you are not the least bit concerned about the rest of the world knowing you wear diapers, then it doesn't matter when you tell your significant other (doesn't matter who you tell for that matter). But if you are like the vast majority of those on here, then you understand that AB/DL's in general are fairly private people. That is to say we don't go around telling just anybody about the most private aspect of our personal lives (case in point AB/DL'ism). Now, the reason it is wise advice not to tell anyone about your AB/DL side unless you are VERY sure you are going into a SERIOUS relationship is because of two reasons

1) It is only fair to the person with whom you are getting involved with. They should have a more complete understanding of who you are. If you wait until after you are in a serious relationship and then spring this upon them, then that could be equally disastrous.

2) This reason is very simple. The fewer people that know you are AB/DL the better off you are going to be. So what if the person you are about to get involved with rejects you and goes and tells others about you being AB/DL. If you haven’t told others t hen the odds are in your favor that they will not believe. They might think the person is upset with you and trying to discredit you because of a break up.

But I would advise you to tell this person if you are about to get married. IF, they show any signs of rejection, then believe me from personal experience. ANY show of rejection could possibly be the tip of the ice burg and mean future problems down the road
    Case in point, look at the thread I started titled “Possible marriage problem(s)”. Trust me, you DON’T want to be in my situation.

Matt1989, if you continue to post please for the sake of us all learn to spell somewhat accurately and use 1st grade level grammar, its killing me.

besides this topic has been brought up many times and omegaone answered it really well

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    *head-desk*

And we don't have a merged thread on this out of the dozens available as a sticky ... why?

matt1989, are you asking a question or making an assertion? I cannot tell.
    And to think, England is the birthplace of our mother language, unless of course you consider Saxon German.