Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here a Zelda fan?!

Default Anyone here a Zelda fan?!

I for one love Zelda, one of the main reasons why I still buy Nintendo Consoles. I'm very much looking forward to the Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS and Skyward Sword.

Anyone else want to join in on the discussion of the Zelda series and your passion towards it?

I'm not really passionate about the games but they're a lot of fun to spend a night playing through with a friend, depending on the game. We can usually clear two or three of the older titles in a night or one newer one starting at N64.

I'm a Zelda fan.

Especially when it comes to Link in yaoi pairings.

Twilight Princess is the only Zelda game I actually finished, though. Actually, that and the first one were the only two I actually played, and I haven't played the first one since I was eight.

Loooove Zelda! Okay, so I'm more a casual gamer but I haven't had a console that I hadn't played anything from the Zelda series on. So most of my gaming was on Nintendo consoles too. The last two Zelda games I played were on the DS. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. The latter which I haven't finished. I really can't wait for Ocarina of Time on the 3DS especially since I haven't experienced that game on the N64. I stopped gaming for years until I turned 18 and got a Game Boy Color.

The best series by Nintendo ever! I've spent sooo many hours of my childhood playing Zelda.

My favourite titles are (in order of preference):

1. A Link to the Past
    2. Link's Awakening
    3. Twilight Princess
    4. Ocarina of Time
    5. Oracle of Seasons

Now I know what some of you are thinking: "How the hell can OoT be in fourth place?!" Well, let me explain.

I've played so much 2D Zelda as a kid, that I just couldn't get used to the 3D titles. When OoT came out, I never really gave it a chance. It wasn't until I beat Twilight Princess did I actually start playing OoT. Although OoT deserves more credit for originality than TP, I enjoyed TP more because I played it first.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I'm not offended, that's for sure. What did you think of the animation style of the DS titles? Initially I was put off by it because I'm not used to anything really resembling anime. But when I got the game and played, I really enjoy it. Besides, Zelda looks cute in that animation style. =)

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalKid View Post
    I'm not offended, that's for sure. What did you think of the animation style of the DS titles? Initially I was put off by it because I'm not used to anything really resembling anime. But when I got the game and played, I really enjoy it. Besides, Zelda looks cute in that animation style. =)
    I've only played Phantom Hourglass so far. I liked the animation style for the DS. It's similar to Wind Waker for GameCube, which is also another great game. I must say that I do prefer the more "realistic" style of Ocarina, but the cartoon versions do add variety to the series.

I really want to get Spirit Tracks, but I'm a poor student right now. Is it any good? How does it compare to Phantom Hourglass so far?

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    I'm a Zelda fan.

Especially when it comes to Link in yaoi pairings.

Twilight Princess is the only Zelda game I actually finished, though. Actually, that and the first one were the only two I actually played, and I haven't played the first one since I was eight.
    out of all the zelda games you finished one of the worst ones.. okay it's not that bad but the replay value was a joke.. that game is NOT fun a 2nd time around.

Yay for Zelda~
    I've played and passed most of the games, except from Spirit Tracks. It's fun to play them. Link to the Past is the first one I played and that's a great game. But Ocarina of Time was great, it had such an epic storyline feel to it. I also love Majora's Mask for the concept and life that it had. I liked Twilight Princess a lot too. It's felt a lot like a movie. Besides, I love Midna.

I also doubt that KaworuVsDrWily is actually talking about the first Zelda game...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    out of all the zelda games you finished one of the worst ones.. okay it's not that bad but the replay value was a joke.. that game is NOT fun a 2nd time around.
    Huh. Can't say I agree. I've played through it several times and always found it fun. Now Majora's Mask - that definitely had questionable replay value.

Link to the Past has always been my favourite - first Zelda came I ever played - with Occarina of Time a close second. I think I'd put Twilight Princess at third and Wind Waker at fourth. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages and Minish Cap were all fun, but a little limited.