Thread: emergency hiding spots.

Default emergency hiding spots.

I know there are plenty of topics on hiding spots so hopefully this one will be a little different. More of a little story of what happened tonight as well.

Like a lot of people here I just tend to keep my supplies under the bed and it's made a little easier for me as well as my bed sheet covers it as well, but I got a little of a surprise when my Mum told me that we are having work men in the house tomorrow to change and update the electrics in the house. Because of where one of my plugs is though the bed would have to be moved. With it and especially if the guests moved it themselves, you could say the cat would be out of the bag.

Thankfully after a little time I have been able to come up with a makeshift solution for the time being. I've loaded up a backpack which I use for supplies when outside (something I do most times anyway) and also in my cloth drawers I've managed to make room to put what's left in them. With any luck that will not have to be moved and our guests here won't need to learn anything they shouldn't lol

It did get me thinking a little however. Because I have a need to wear and because Mum knows about this anyway, I don't have to hide things from her as well and I know if she did find out she'd be supportive anyway. Also I'm kind of running a little lower then I really should so that's helped things a bit as well on this side. Maybe at the same time though for some people here, having to change hiding spots on short notice might be a bit of trouble.

Bobbie

I would shove stuff wherever it can't be seen for the time being.

Luckily I don't need to hide but it's always worth having a back-up plan.

Some places could be;

Inside a box file under paper
    Inside or between jumpers in the cupboard / wardrobe
    Insider a folder of paper

nimimerkki702

I agree with Bobbie... Just anywhere it can't be seen, or somewhere that I could lock...

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    One small problem that may be of interest here is, if the chest of drawers has to be moved for any reason, it is common practice to remove the drawers first, as this will reduce the weight. A consolation though is that tradesmen will generally not give too much thought or care about your diapers, most will have seen much better and more worthy of 'quiet' gossip. The emphasis is on 'quiet' here as you do not bite the hand that feeds.

The point here is that, in disturbing your stash they may inadvertently leave it out where another member of your family may see it.

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    One small problem that may be of interest here is, if the chest of drawers has to be moved for any reason, it is common practice to remove the drawers first, as this will reduce the weight. A consolation though is that tradesmen will generally not give too much thought or care about your diapers, most will have seen much better and more worthy of 'quiet' gossip. The emphasis is on 'quiet' here as you do not bite the hand that feeds.

The point here is that, in disturbing your stash they may inadvertently leave it out where another member of your family may see it.
    You make a very good point there actually. Sometimes if you try to do something to avoid something coming out, your cover up may end up putting it more on show anyway. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

Before I put this plan into action I made sure of what they were doing and where they would be. Because of that and knowing the drawers was unlikely not to be moved and almost not at all if I removed something else to make space instead, I figured that they would be the best place to be. One other hiding spot I did consider instead but chose not to, did get moved and would maybe have revealed things so this time it all worked out.

There is one last thing though. Might be in my best interest moving them back to there 1st hiding spot as from the sounds of it my bed is now unlikely to be moved at all. Even if nothing comes out, maybe my effort wasn't worth it in the end anyway lol

Chests of drawers are only emptied when moving furniture to other rooms/houses, because you can usually push them along the floor short distances regardless of weight.

But if you're concerned, just get a black garbage bag and load it up and toss it in the closet. Not effective against snooping parents, but should be completely effective with guests/workers.

I had matching duffel bags.
    All my gym stuff was in one...and diapers in the other.
    Could be in plain sight, just not both at same time, because nobody wanted to open my gym bag.