Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scotch, How do you take it and why?

Default Scotch, How do you take it and why?

V1: Neat. Scotch in a glass all by it's lonesome.

V2: On the rocks. Scotch with little squares of really hard water.

V3: Scotch and Water. As it says, scotch with a splash of water, preferably scottish mineral water.

V4: Mixed. This is a sin, anyone caught doing this shall be forbidden from ever drinking scotch again, and will also be reported to the proper authorities.

There may be more, these are just the methods I know.

With a single malt I take it neat, so I can get all the tasty little nuances, but with a blend I'll go with on the rocks, and blends taste better cold anyway.

Loopygone

I prefer single malts on the rocks. The extra cold tends to take that edge off it. Guess I'm a bit of a pussy :P. I don't tend to drink blended much, unless it's cheap stuff for mixing with coke, I prefer bourbon in that case anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I don't tend to drink blended much, unless it's cheap stuff for mixing with coke
    Hopefully this is the really cheap, bottom shelf stuff, otherwise the council will have to be informed. :p

I take scotch in a bottle with a cloth sticking out of the lid and a box of matches. BOOOMSHINE!
    LOL joking... I have never tasted any kind of whiskey... Too young

Loopygone

Scotch isn't flammable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
    Hopefully this is the really cheap, bottom shelf stuff, otherwise the council will have to be informed. :p
    It's not the really really cheap bottom shelf stuff. I do have some standards. But still, it isn't the stuff you want to taste neat. Besides I usually prefer vodka with my coke :3 or like I said, a nice bourbon.

Thats good to hear, I hate when people buy bad liquor and try to justify it with price. My rule for price is no less than $15( not sure how well that translates, what with different money systems and tax codes...)

I always drink blends chilled, preferably with the scotch itself chilled or if not, on the rocks. Sinlge ALWAYS neat, I'd feel the urge to slap some sense into anyone who mixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    I'd feel the urge to slap some sense into anyone who mixes it.
    I'll make ya a deal, I'll send you 5 quid a week if you troll bars and do this to everyone you catch.

I like my Scotch straight up.
    no ice no water. Jameson is my favorite I know it is more of an irish whiskey but it is smooth.
    as for scotch I would have to say Scoresby very rare scotch is the one i like most

Ah, Scotch....

Now, I'm not even going to pretend like I drink the stuff. I've barely even drank over an ounce of liquor in my life. Ever. I hate the taste of most, and I'd just prefer to have an Iced Tea.

Scotch seems to turn my crank, however. To me, that's a real man's drink, and something I'd totally consider getting a taste for one day.

I bet Sean Connery drinks Scotch...